Show off your kayak

jrob

Reaction score
Here is my Feel Free Lure 11.5. Not the fastest ride, but amazing stability for standing up and fly casting. Seat is a huge plus as well.
D56BFCC9-6FB9-499A-9D6B-CBC66E349ECC.jpegF3AE98FD-7686-464E-B260-33E2AD6D9ACA.jpeg53103240-0AB1-4A47-A43F-CCFED946C789.jpegF3AE98FD-7686-464E-B260-33E2AD6D9ACA.jpegF3AE98FD-7686-464E-B260-33E2AD6D9ACA.jpeg

Chris_in_Louisiana

Reaction score
Nice yak, jrob. Someone locally has the tandem version for sale. It has definitely crossed my mind as an option for those days my wife wants to tag along. Good to hear it is stable enough to stand and cast in. That's far more important than speed in the areas I fish.

Chris

Mikewcope

Reaction score
Here's mine. Got a Jackson Mayfly a few months ago. Outfitted it with a trolling motor since I'd rather be fishing than paddling. This thing is earth stable. I've only had it out a few times on some lakes near me, but nothing made me feel like I was going fall in. I think I went overkill on the battery. It's an 85AH AGM which weighs a ton. At least I won't run out of power. Only thing left to do is add navigation lights and possibly a fish finder.
View attachment 17662
I would like to see more on how you mounted and control your trolling motor considering doing the same.

Chasing_Tails

Reaction score
Islander Ventura Expedition:
IMG_3676.jpg

My second fishing kayak bought in 2000. still fishes well over 20 years later. 15'1" long, 28" beam.

Aquaterra Wavekiller:
IMG_0447 (2).JPG
Ended up with this boat from a guy who imported it from South Africa. Kept it with a clean deck and internal tackle and fish storage. Has a skegged rudder and is a great surfing kayak. Likes to play offshore on the other side of the breakers. 15' long, 27" beam.

Old Town Autopilot 136:
IMG_4967.jpgIMG_4968.jpgIMG_4969.jpg

Saw this boat in the shop back in June of 2020. Put down a deposit and waited 8 months for it to be delivered. Absolute game changer with having the spotlock trolling motor and easy standing capability. It also has no problem getting in the skinny water and using the push pole to get around. 13'6" long, 38" beam.

desmobob

Reaction score
Just the first foot or two of my Wilderness Systems Pungo 140...

Shark Bait a.jpg

I really don't care for fly fishing out of a kayak unless I need it to travel a long distance. I have used it a couple of times to fish some of the huge flats in Cape Cod Bay. Not to fish out of, but to hop in and out of to keep ahead of the incoming tide.

Prof. Salt

Reaction score
I fish offshore from a Stealth Fisha 555 and once I figured out how to construct a shallow water rudder it also became an efficient and fast shallow water fly fishing boat. I fish solo, so the shots are screen grabs from the GoPro.

VTWolverine

Reaction score
IMG_7302.jpg
Here's my Kaku Voodoo on the Harbor Freight trailer I just finished with PVC bunks. So far I've added a motor mount and a holder for a stakeout pole, both made with HDPE cutting board.

Pikebones

Reaction score
Sorry it is not a kayak, but it almost paddles like one,,,, and I don't fall off it as often as I would on a kayak while standing up to pole and /or cast on the flats.

DSCF2150.JPG