Small stream Stories and Pictures;

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My young fishing bud Rapha took me on a little marvel he knows...:)funny I had never fished this stream before although I know all the smallest streams of my area....for once he wa:fishing:s the guide:D his flyfishing level is so high he coulld easily put very pretentious flyfishermen to shame:D:D
IMG_20200514_114516.jpg
IMG_20200514_163034.jpg

jayr

Reaction score
Here is a typical small stream in the GSMNP. Also showing the thickness of all the rhododendron, fallen trees, etc. The rainbow is a wild 13 incher caught high sticking. This was taken last week 5/9/20.

IMG_4094.jpgIMG_4098.jpg

LePetomane

Reaction score
Nice browns from a stream near my home. Both fish were taken on size 18 Sawyer Pheasant Tail nymphs fished 18" below a Parachute Adams for an indicator.

[/url]

huronfly

Reaction score
I hiked into a creek that I had been eyeing up for a long time. There are no records (that I can find) that would indicate that a population of brook trout was present in this tiny creek. I found a map from the early 1900's that actually labeled this creek as "spring creek", which it is no longer named. When I arrived at the creek I was immediately excited to see that there were in fact many springs coming from the hillside feeding into this creek. It is a very short running creek that runs into a swamp, and it obviously wouldn't be able to support much fishing pressure, so I am reluctant to tell even my best fishing buddies where I found this spot:D. After catching a handful of little gems from this location I moved on to another spring creek that I was familiar with, which had browns and brookies, and had a blast there catching some nicer browns on my glass 3 wt.

spring.jpgbrookie2.jpgbrown3.jpg

Last edited:

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another small....stream,not the easiest to fish I know:unsure::)
IMG_20200522_120121.jpg
I look silly with those fit over glasses....this brown is a beauty
IMG_20200522_112541.jpg
I love this spot....no trout under the bridge this time,but it's so beautiful it's worth it anyway
IMG_20200522_132125.jpg