Small stream Stories and Pictures;

jpielock1992

Reaction score
The Swift has two distinct sections,above rt 9 and below rt 9. The section above can be a bit active on nice days. The section south of rt 9 is pretty nice. If you don't mind walking you can always find a quiet place and fish!.Either way you can see the fish,which is fun and frustrating, but it about the only place to fish during the next two months.Cheers Chet

Dances_With_Brookies

Reaction score
Stopped by a spring creek I often fish during the catch and release season and it was great. Large hatchery trout are put in the creek from the hatchery on site. An upper section has the biggest trout and draws a crowd. I fish a short distance from parking and fished about 3 hours before another 4 hour drive to get home. I always try my dry dropper and hit the weed banks. Those big hatchery rainbows slam that rig, jump out of the water, take a run or two all in that little creek. Something to see.

Just curious...Given the regs and weather/stream conditions following March 31st- are there a lot of holdovers, or does the place just get totally plundered after that date? Beautiful looking fish for sure.

jeep.ster

jeepster
Reaction score
Just curious...Given the regs and weather/stream conditions following March 31st- are there a lot of holdovers, or does the place just get totally plundered after that date? Beautiful looking fish for sure.
Totally plundered however by march 31 those hatchery trout are pretty smart and harder to catch. The trout in the upper section survive because it closes march 31 due to the reg. Stockings begin in the lower section.