Small stream Stories and Pictures;

LePetomane

Reaction score
Little Goose Creek comes out of the Bighorns, runs through ranch land, then through the town of Bighorn. From there it enters the Powderhorn which is a subdivision with a golf course. From there it flows through some other neighborhoods before meeting up with Big Goose in the town of Sheridan. The creek fishes well in the spring and fall. In the summer irrigation reduces it to a trickle.

Attachments

ottosmagic13

Reaction score
Thanks, I recognize the RS2 now that you posted but never have seen the Perdigon before; is that a new pattern?
Perdigons were first developed by the Spanish competitive fly-fishing team but were really popularized by the French. These simple nymphs epitomize what I look for in good fly design. They’re simple, they sink like rocks due to their inherent weight and slim design, and when you put in a bit of effort, they can even be pretty. - from a Charlie Craven blog post. As new as euro nymphing...

I have Charlie's book "tying nymphs" and this website has the same recipe:

I use it when fishing a mono rig or when I want a heavier fly in my multiple fly rig under an indicator.

The flashy version do well on sunny days and the olive/quill body versions otherwise. Orange or black varnish hotspots are the ticket.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

jeep.ster

jeepster
Reaction score
Took a trip to new mexico to meet my friend mka before heading to the gila wilderness to fly fish for native strain gila trout. We caught beautiful gila in the stream headwaters. We drove our F150's 200 miles of washboard and solid dust getting in and out of the area. All for a few small gila trout. This is our second trip here. We love it.

On the way to new mexico I stopped and tried to fish some lakes on the way. But the weather turned to snow and I only got to fish for two hours but I caught one nice rainbow.

On the way back from new mexico I stopped and fished a mogollon rim stream in az I fish often. I brought a few nice stream rainbows to hand.

WorknPlay

Reaction score
Hiked up to Ellicott Rock on the Chattooga, which is the corner where SC, NC, and Georgia meet. Covered about 8 miles today and was able to get into some nice wild trout, plus a bunch of chubs and other river fish. Tried a few of the feeder streams, no fish but a few nice pics.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
A few years back, I was on my way to Florida to meet the family for Disney World. I decided to drive down to see some states that I had not been too before. I made sure to drive through and hike some different places in TN-NC-SC-GA. I saw wonderful waterfalls and beautiful mountains and streams. I had done my scouting on the computer and fly fished a few different places. One of those places was Chattooga River area and side streams. I can remember hiking and fishing the Ellicott Rock area. Thank you for the memory and nice fish. Take Care

wwfoste

Reaction score
Yesterday my dad and I took his boat up to Lake Jocassee in SC so I could check out some of the feeder rivers. I'd fished the upper sections, but they're so steep you can't get down them (or there is a big ass waterfall). Tried out three of the rivers.

1st - had to climb boulders and could only get to 1 pool. Only caught a couple chubs.

2nd - could get to 4 pools with bouldering. There was more past a falls, but the potential path was covered in slime, so didn't try. Caught a real nice wild brown. And saw a big golden stonefly.

3rd - fished for 1/2 mile, had to go over some boulders. Only caught a small bass and a shiner.

Last edited:

wwfoste

Reaction score
Today I decided to go to Panthertown Valley in NC. Caught 15-20 little brook trout all on dry flies. Was able to get my first successful bow and arrow cast and sight fished several of them.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Also found these light cahill's flying around. I had one I had tied when I first started and put it on and caught 3-4 on it.
[IMG]

[IMG]

Then on the way home I stopped where I knew there were native wild brook trout in SC. I managed to catch one and had several others briefly on.

[IMG]

Got him out of this spot between the white water. Could only dab with about 6" of tippet due to the logs.
[IMG]