Smallmouth Bass Fishing in Virginia is Hot! 🔥

mikejr

Reaction score
Nice fish, looks like you had a great day!!! Really digging the colors. I picked up about a dozen smallies on the Maury this past weekend, river was about a foot and a half low but that didn't seem to matter, just made wet wading easier. Mine were all bronze backs, still fantastic fish, I only stopped because my flies were too torn up.

stenacron

Reaction score
Love this! What a beautiful setting for tangling with some hard-fighting river smallies. Miss those from my eastern PA days fishing the Delaware, Lehigh, and Susquehanna Rivers.

Beartown Lodge

Reaction score
Nice fish, looks like you had a great day!!! Really digging the colors. I picked up about a dozen smallies on the Maury this past weekend, river was about a foot and a half low but that didn't seem to matter, just made wet wading easier. Mine were all bronze backs, still fantastic fish, I only stopped because my flies were too torn up.
Yes sir, the colors were amazing. I’ve rarely seen smallies colored up like that in this River. The water here was just coming off that big rain and the color was clearing up all day.

Beartown Lodge

Reaction score
Love this! What a beautiful setting for tangling with some hard-fighting river smallies. Miss those from my eastern PA days fishing the Delaware, Lehigh, and Susquehanna Rivers.
We are spoiled with two tailwaters close by and the sulfur hatches have been thick the last few weeks. Thus we’ve been fishing trout mostly. But I got this invite to fish a privately accessed stretch of river and man…forgot how fun these smallies are on the fly rod!