SOLD:. Simms Guide Jacket (m)

Davebuech

Reaction score
tough crowd. Maybe no one fishes when it gets nasty? Maybe everyone else lives where they see little rain? I wish we got more rain so I wouldn't have to practically give this away to see it get used.

One last try $200 TYD

sparsegraystubble

Reaction score
I just had a friend tell me he is looking for a rain jacket for fishing similar to my Simms G3. He is right around six feet tall and relatively thin. My jacket is an XL and would be much too big for him, but I am not sure whether a medium would be too small.

If it fits you, could you tell me how tall you are and your weight and I will let him know.

Thanks,

Don

Davebuech

Reaction score
I just had a friend tell me he is looking for a rain jacket for fishing similar to my Simms G3. He is right around six feet tall and relatively thin. My jacket is an XL and would be much too big for him, but I am not sure whether a medium would be too small.

If it fits you, could you tell me how tall you are and your weight and I will let him know.

Thanks,

Don
Hi Don. I’m 5-10.5 and 160 lbs. Fairly wide shoulders. Unless he has exceptionally long arms, it will most likely fit.

sparsegraystubble

Reaction score
Hi Don. I’m 5-10.5 and 160 lbs. Fairly wide shoulders. Unless he has exceptionally long arms, it will most likely fit.
Dave,

Just heard back from my friend. He is wider than I thought, just not as wide as me. He said he would need at least a largel and maybe the XL because he would want to put layers under it for colder weather.

Sorry to bother you. That is a good price on that coat and it should sell. When I bought mine from a similar ad here I think that seller had listed it for quite a while.

Thanks for the reply and good luck.

Don

Davebuech

Reaction score
H
Dave,

Just heard back from my friend. He is wider than I thought, just not as wide as me. He said he would need at least a largel and maybe the XL because he would want to put layers under it for colder weather.

Sorry to bother you. That is a good price on that coat and it should sell. When I bought mine from a similar ad here I think that seller had listed it for quite a while.

Thanks for the reply and good luck.

Don
i Don. Thanks for.the reply. No problem. Hayden Creek just bought it! Thanks for bumping my post!

smoke33

Reaction score

Thanks,

Don
I practically had to give my brand new G3 away to Sparsegraystubble. I lost my arse on that deal. Hopefully he has made good use of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparsegraystubble

Reaction score
I practically had to give my brand new G3 away to Sparsegraystubble. I lost my arse on that deal. Hopefully he has made good use of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is a great jacket and I know I got a super deal on it. I honestly don’t remember how much I paid, but if I had known how good it was, I probably would have bought it from you earlier for more money. And as I remember you had posted it for some time and reduced the price several times. That’s why I said sometimes you just have to wait for it to catch someone’s eye.

It is a funny thing about clothing sales on this forum. Guys will sell fly rods for 20 percent off the new price. Then jackets like these in new condition only bring 40 percent or less of the new price. But sales are funny. I was watching one of those Fishpond wading belt and pack systems on eBay last night. New price is $99.95. Bidding for the used one finished at $84 plus $12 for shipping. I guess for another $4 I would rather have a new one.

Oh well,

Don

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
well. Thought it was sold. Where’d ya go Steve?
As good fortune would have it Dave was headed thru town.
Had my first opportunity to meet a forum member. Wish it had been on the water but we both were on limited time. So we met at a gas station. Good enough. The jacket is indeed just like off the rack.

Thanks Dave! I'll be headed over soon to fish together. Love them creeks.

Last edited:

Davebuech

Reaction score
As good fortune would have it Dave was headed thru town.
Had my first opportunity to meet a forum member. Wish it had been on the water but we both were on limited time. So we met at a gas station. Good enough. The jacket is indeed just like off the rack.

Thanks Dave! I'll be headed over soon to fish together. Love them creeks.
Thanks for the post Hayden! Definitely one of the beat transactions from my end. I usually never meet the buyer(s) and they’ve never offered more than my selling price, thanks again!
Definitely now we know how close we are ( for those of you not familiar, 100 miles is close in CO) we need to fish together!