Steelhead Fly Swap 2015

king joe

Reaction score
King Joe has expressed an interest in holding a steelhead fly pattern fly swap, so I'm putting this out there to see if we have enough interest in holding a steelhead fly swap. We would be looking at having the flies completed and in to me by Saturday, Feb 28, 2015. We are currently in the process of starting a nymph fly swap and I don't mind hosting a second swap, if we have enough interest. Let me know if you want in on a steelhead fly swap and I will sign you up.

1. King Joe......pattern TBD!
2. Mridenour......pattern TBD!
3. S_fontinalis......Green Butt Skunks
4. Honyuk96......Emerald shiner variant
5. Lake_Flyer......pattern TBD!
6. Pjcalla......pattern TBD!
I think this is starting to shape up...least ways, number of tyers. I am hoping (selfish moment here) that 'steelhead' Fly swap doesn't 'only' mean streamers. Myself, I will be tying some type of steelhead nymph that will be from my top 5 Great Lakes/Lake Huron tributaries patterns...once I see what the range of patters are here.

Can't wait!

King Joe Outa Here!

itchmesir

Reaction score
Looks like it's filling up slowly... Got my flies done for the other swap... Throw my hat in... I'll tie up some Jumbo Johns.

honyuk96

Reaction score
I think this is starting to shape up...least ways, number of tyers. I am hoping (selfish moment here) that 'steelhead' Fly swap doesn't 'only' mean streamers. Myself, I will be tying some type of steelhead nymph that will be from my top 5 Great Lakes/Lake Huron tributaries patterns...once I see what the range of patters are here.

Can't wait!

King Joe Outa Here![/

Had I known a few days earlier I'd a gladly spun up some nymphs. I've got about $50 wrapped up in materials for my selection so there's no turning back for me.

repperson29

Reaction score
Ryan: I don't see a problem unless someone else in the swap objects, plan on doing up some blood dots.

Yea I just know it's a very simple tie that a monkey (hence I) could tie. But they are effective.

I was going to tie some up for PHW donation anyways so if someone has a problem (which isn't a big deal to me) I'll just include them in the donation no biggy.

Ryan

itchmesir

Reaction score
Yea I just know it's a very simple tie that a monkey (hence I) could tie. But they are effective.

I was going to tie some up for PHW donation anyways so if someone has a problem (which isn't a big deal to me) I'll just include them in the donation no biggy.

Ryan
I've tried tying an egg pattern once... Didn't go well... Haven't tried since haha

pjcalla

Reaction score
I have some experimenting to do, but I believe I will be tying a Petticoat Streamer in appropriate colors.

honyuk96

Reaction score
I finished my emerald shiner variants tonight. This fly contains quite a few elements and a recipe description may be tough to follow. I will list the materials and work from the rear of the shank to the head.
Shank: Senyos 40 mm waddington
Trailer wire:Senyos
Hook: Daiichi 2557 #2 ( hooks haven't been installed yet in photo )
Body: uv polar chenille dyed myself blue, dyed uv polar chenille black uv, ice dub uv fl. Hot pink.
Flash: 20 strands silver holographic flashabou
Collar: 3 turns spey type hackle ( I dyed this stuff olive )
Senyos laser dub black
Wings: 2 grizzly saddle feathers ( I dyed these olive )
Cheeks: fake jungle cock
Thread: some crappy black 140 I had.
That's it, hope you guys enjoy this one. Now go swing up a big chromer.

itchmesir

Reaction score
^^^ wow! I'm glad I got in on this swap. That's a very nice fly. Steel is limited to me. But there's no shortage of predators that'll eat that in a heartbeat

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
I finished my emerald shiner variants tonight. This fly contains quite a few elements and a recipe description may be tough to follow. I will list the materials and work from the rear of the shank to the head.
Shank: Senyos 40 mm waddington
Trailer wire:Senyos
Hook: Daiichi 2557 #2 ( hooks haven't been installed yet in photo )
Body: uv polar chenille dyed myself blue, dyed uv polar chenille black uv, ice dub uv fl. Hot pink.
Flash: 20 strands silver holographic flashabou
Collar: 3 turns spey type hackle ( I dyed this stuff olive )
Senyos laser dub black
Wings: 2 grizzly saddle feathers ( I dyed these olive )
Cheeks: fake jungle cock
Thread: some crappy black 140 I had.
That's it, hope you guys enjoy this one. Now go swing up a big chromer.
Matt: Wow, I think you raised the bar for the rest of the tiers, that is a gorgeous pattern, congrats!

kayo

Reaction score
Like to be the 12th flyer[poke] Mickey Finn

Last edited:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Kayo: Glad to have you in the Steelhead fly swap! That fills up this swap, thanks everyone that has joined in.