Steelhead Fly Tying Art and Design

flytie09

Reaction score
I just received my signed copy today of Dec Hogan and Marty Howard's new fly tying book 'Steelhead Fly Tying Art and Design'.

It is wonderful... full of great pictures and details on Steelhead fly tying. Hair wings, feather wings, married wings, tubes and intruders are all covered.

I've only glanced through it so far.....but they have outdone themselves.

A nice Christmas gift.....check it out.

s390420777614360702_p2_i1_w640.jpg

Steelhead Fly Tying Art and Design

duker

Reaction score
Definitely have to pick that up. I'd read about the issues with their first publishers, and am glad to see they finally got it out themselves.

Scott

duker

Reaction score
Just received my copy of "Steelhead Fly Tying Art and Design"--what a beautiful book. I've read Dec Hogan's first book and seen Marty Howard's flies on speypages, and I expected no less, but this book is something special. Amazing flies, incredibly detailed and helpful step-by-step instructions (seriously, other books and websites should take a cue from their SBSs), along with some interesting stories from each of them about the flies and fishing for steelhead.

If you fish for steelhead and tie your own flies (or even if you don't), run, don't walk, to your nearest tackle shop and pick up a copy of this book. You won't regret it.

Scott