Stillwater

J

james w 3 3

Love this site, BUT, why is there not a stillwater forum?
That's the message I just sent to the webmaster . . .
Surely I'm not the only one, or am I?

Your feelings about a stillwater section?

BigJim2x

Reaction score
southern Minnesota just left of the Driftless
Although not specifically stillwater, the warmwater fly fishing forum holds many threads that are stillwater. I have not used a fly rod on stillwater yet but intend to give it a go at some point. For my purposes I am fine with using the warmwater forums but that doesn't indicate that a stillwater forum wouldn't be an asset.

2x

siege

Reaction score
There are warm and cold stillwater threads spread through the forums, and there's often good information to be found, but you have to look for it. The search feature is helpful for finding those threads.
That said, I like your idea, and hopefully it can be implemented.
We spent some very pleasant time yesterday at a local reservoir on pontoon boats. There are lots of members who fish ponds, lakes and reservoirs and would enjoy a stillwater forum. Good luck on your request, I hope it comes through.

guest61

Reaction score
I am a Stillwater junkie and choose to fish it over rivers. It used to be the opposite until I learned the many joys of stillwaters, both cold and warm. I frequent another forum that has a Stillwater section and I do like it, but I also have no trouble finding and/or sharing whatever I need in this forum as it is.

runningfish

Reaction score
That would be a grand idea to have a stillwater section. I don't fish rivers nor streams only stillwater and need all the help that I can get.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok, since we seem to have some interest in having a "Stillwater Forum" I have created one in the General Fly Fishing Discussion forum as requested.

M

mridenour

These guys will be happy we haven't forgotten them:
[ame]http://youtu.be/bt1io_Z2WOQ[/ame]

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk