Stocking Foot Wader conumdrum

mike126

Reaction score
Not sure about other brands, but I'm fairly certain if you buy a pair of Simms waders and the size that fits your body is such that the stocking feet don't fit your feet, you can send them back and they will remove the the stocking feet and replace them with your appropriate size. I assume there is a charge associated with it, but not sure.
I have to do that to get the right size neoprene sock (14/15) for my waders. I think it’s about $65 for the alterations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

proheli

Reaction score
Not sure about other brands, but I'm fairly certain if you buy a pair of Simms waders and the size that fits your body is such that the stocking feet don't fit your feet, you can send them back and they will remove the the stocking feet and replace them with your appropriate size. I assume there is a charge associated with it, but not sure.
What? I never knew that! I’ll be sending mine off soon. Thank you Lamarsh!

Lamarsh

Reaction score
What? I never knew that! I’ll be sending mine off soon. Thank you Lamarsh!
Anytime. I'm only sure Simms does it since my brother had to do it (the small wader size was the best fit, but the stockings that come with them are too small for him). Not sure about other brands.

james92026

Reaction score
Ok, not beat this horse to death, but...I have found an acceptable solution for the time being. Cressi Neoprene Dive boots. These are lightweight, easy to pack, easily putting on and off. The name is well known in the diving/scuba world, designed in Italy, made in China. They appear to allow only a small mount of water, probably no sand. The sole and heel are durable rubber and will allow walking on a rocky bottom or even a jetty. Zippered on the side, no laces. The wader gravel guards fit over the tops fairly tight. Time will tell of course how they hold up, but the reviews are mostly positive. Thanks again for those who offered input and advice.