Strike Indicators

LePetomane

Reaction score
I haven't tries anything but the yarn that comes with it. I was pretty satisfied with it. When it would start to sink I would give it a few false casts and the water would shake off easily. The bright orange color makes it easy to see. This product was recommended to me by the woman who runs the little shop at Nelson's Spring Creek. Last year I treated myself to a day there.

ryc72

Reaction score
Try substituting the poly yarn in the NZ system. There is nothing that says the NZ wool has to be used with the NZ system. I have experimented with many different materials for the NZ system.
instead of using the plastic sleeve i just use ortho rubber bands and it suits me just fine so far. also very easy to just put in a small loop in the leader and put the indi right there. leader kinks a tad but nothing that bad.

cooutlaw

Reaction score
I'm in the "Dorsey" design camp for the largest percentage of times when I'm not using a foam terrestrial or similar (which is mostly my go to)....but I have found another new design Im playing with that I really have found effective too, especially in faster flows.

Attachments

planettrout

Reaction score
I have probably used every strike indicator that has ever been thought of or made over the years. Generally, I stick with Air Lock or the NZ indicators. I also like these to use over finicky fish. The Fly Shop in Redding, CA used to market something similar to this but they no longer offer it:

PT/TB

okaloosa

Reaction score
I tried most everything and keep coming back to clear or transparent light yellow thingamabobbers using the dental rubber band method to attach...

mike126

Reaction score
I use the NZ strike indicator. I find that the easiest for me to see and it floats nicely and does not impact my cast. I’ve had trout rise to it.

Occasionally I’ll use Biostrike but I find that comes loose on the leader and will make things a little gummy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WWKimba

Reaction score
I've made deer body hair indicators when I need them. Simply spin the hair on a needle in your vice and leave a loop in the tying thread. I use a Prusik knot to attach to the leader.