Swap #1 - Streamers - Round Two!

gr8outdoorz

Reaction score
Got mine in today. Great ties guys!! I really enjoyed my first swap on the forum. As a token of my appreciation I am going to dedicate my Thanksgiving weekend fishing trip to everyone in the swap. During all my daylight fishing during that trip I am going to fish nothing but everyones flies from this swap! I will post pictures of the beauties y'all catch me ;)

Thanks guys!
Carlton

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
I received Eunan's donated streamers today from the swap, just wanted to say THANK YOU! The flies will be going to next year's Casting for Recovery flies as requested, much appreciated.

Larry

L

Liphookedau

Allan.
Flies arrived OK.
Thanks Allan for running The Swap.

Secondly Thanks Guys for some Nice Flies.
Brian

gr8outdoorz

Reaction score
Well guys, I am sad to say I blanked with everyone's streamers (including mine) this past weekend :( We had some family come visit while we were camped and didn't get to fish as much as we wanted, but we really enjoyed hanging out with my brother and his fiancee as we don't get to spend much time with them.

We were finally able to sneak out on the water for a couple hours on Sunday though. After swinging and drifting my swap flies for about an hour, and not seeing any signs of feeding, I made my way upriver to the hole Kristen was on. When I made it to her, and entered the water, I noticed a midge hatch starting as the surface film was loaded with pupa hanging in the film and emerging from their shuck. Since she had not had any bites either, I slapped her on a #20 zebra midge in matching color and continued fishing my streamers. About 5 minutes later I hear "FISH ON!" from her direction so I headed that way to net it. As soon as I netted it, my only thought was "WOW what a beautiful fish!!" We didn't measure it but my net opening is 22". She got the first (and only) fish of the day so she was thrilled that she finally out fished me :D shhhhh...don't tell her I was happier than she was:icon_wink

Even though I didn't catch any, I am actually happy with myself for sticking to fishing my new streamers. There were a few times I almost broke down and put on a midge. However, since I fished all of them I was able to pick up small nuances of each fly that will come in handy later.

Here are a few pics Kristen & her beautiful rainbow

Working her hole

Check out these colors!!

Thanks again guys for all the flies!

Carlton

liphookedau

Reaction score
Kirsty
I've located a former Post from Dec 3rd 2013 here on The Streamer Fly Swap which at that time was run by Alan Jarvis (AKA Pocono I think) where I'm noted as a A Guest ..Just after I'd been to Alaska & Wyoming & Fished with Ard & Larry.
Brian