Swinging the Great Lakes

flytie09

Reaction score
An interesting article written by Nick Pionessa on Swinging for Great Lakes Steelhead for Hatches Magazine. Look at the date........Fall 2008. I was still dragging my knuckles back then....but the spark was there. Worth a look.

http://hatchesmagazine.com/magazine/pdf/Great.pdf

He's a tube fly guy...so I know Ard will read it. Here's another for you Ard so you can add some traditional flair to those monkey flies in your tube fly Plano box....

Burned Schlappen Spey by Nick Pionessa | | Hatches Fly Tying Magazine

Cheers all....

Last edited:

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
That burnt schlappen fly sure came out pretty and half dozen years ago I'd have been at the vise already but ….. It's been a while since I made a body, meaning tinsel ribbing - palmered hackle and the works. I've become a slacker but a slacker who gets flies that have that in the water look that fish like. I may be too far gone Mike but I appreciate all your efforts :)

I will be posting some new stuff soon as I get tying for the coming spring & summer fishing.

City Rat

Reaction score
Streams in the GWNF, SNP,Potomac, Rappahanock and
An interesting article written by Nick Pionessa on Swinging for Great Lakes Steelhead for Hatches Magazine. Look at the date........Fall 2008. I was still dragging my knuckles back then....but the spark was there. Worth a look.

http://hatchesmagazine.com/magazine/pdf/Great.pdf

He's a tube fly guy...so I know Ard will read it. Here's another for you Ard so you can add some traditional flair to those monkey flies in your tube fly Plano box....

Burned Schlappen Spey by Nick Pionessa | | Hatches Fly Tying Magazine

Cheers all....
That is a really cool looking fly

huronfly

Reaction score
That was also long before I started the spey game as well... I love when people try to tell me what colour bead or bags they are taking :D