Switch Rods for Bass

Flyrod Buddy

Reaction score
Here is yesterday's trip, I went with McFly Angler from YouTube. I was using my Moonshine Rod Company Prophecy Switch Rod we caught quiet a few fish even though it was a slow day. I noticed my roll cast with the switch rod was farther than a regular cast with some of my lighter fly rods. We hiked a total of 6 miles round trip up and back down the river.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

ottosmagic13

Reaction score
I really like McFly Angler, I follow him on YouTube and Instagram. Definitely have to check it that episode now that I know it's a fellow forum goer with him.

I have a 11' 8wt that I originally got for steelhead that I use on small and largemouth bass. It's awesome when there are overgrown banks or canopy trees, roll cast is lethal. Fishing the erie canal often means my back is to a bridge or a pretty busy running/biking trail and it shines there too.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Flyrod Buddy

Reaction score
I really like McFly Angler, I follow him on YouTube and Instagram. Definitely have to check it that episode now that I know it's a fellow forum goer with him.

I have a 11' 8wt that I originally got for steelhead that I use on small and largemouth bass. It's awesome when there are overgrown banks or canopy trees, roll cast is lethal. Fishing the erie canal often means my back is to a bridge or a pretty busy running/biking trail and it shines there too.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
He is getting use to fishing the desert, he's releasing his footage of this trip on his channel Friday. Thanks for watching

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk