Taylor Anomaly Z (Graphene Rod) sneak peak

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
pati, 25' leader and size 28 midges...you can do that with Nano? You've been on the 'new Nano in 4-piece' quest as long as I've known you here on our Forum. I've offered ideas before but now I say, buy this Anomaly Z #6 on tomorrow's introductory price offer and be the first in Europe to have one...and it is the newest Nano technology too. I look forward to your evaluation.

sparsegraystubble

Reaction score
pati, 25' leader and size 28 midges...you can do that with Nano? You've been on the 'new Nano in 4-piece' quest as long as I've known you here on our Forum. I've offered ideas before but now I say, buy this Anomaly Z #6 on tomorrow's introductory price offer and be the first in Europe to have one...and it is the newest Nano technology too. I look forward to your evaluation.
S&S, I know you think highly of my current spring creek rod, the 486 ONE. And you are one of the few who has cast the new Anomaly version in that size. Is there enough difference between those two rods to make it worthwhile for me to take advantage of this deal on the new Taylor rod?

My other option would be to add the Anomaly in the 5 wt to sort of slot into the gap between my 590 ONE and Sky G. I had been thinking of the Stickman P5 for that slot, but this would be a different solution. I am thinking the Anomaly might be too close to the Sky G to really add much in that slot.

I know you are familiar with all of the rods I am talking about so decided I would ask for your thoughts.

Thanks,

Don

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
sparse, You have a fine kit of rods, it is hard for me to slot new ones into it but I will opine that the Taylor tapers are very different from the Douglas -G's.

But today, Happy belated Thanks Giving all, I was mostly cooking-drinking-eating yesterday, how many of us members took advantage of Matthew's generous introductory offer and purchased a brand new Anomaly Z yesterday?

k_e_v

Reaction score
Farmington, ill. -Stop by for a cold beer on your
sparse, You have a fine kit of rods, it is hard for me to slot new ones into it but I will opine that the Taylor tapers are very different from the Douglas -G's.

But today, Happy belated Thanks Giving all, I was mostly cooking-drinking-eating yesterday, how many of us members took advantage of Matthew's generous introductory offer and purchased a brand new Anomaly Z yesterday?
S&S, I got in early and snagged one between dinner and dessert. And I am truly exited to see how it fits my style. I have been chasing the right 5 wt for years now and maybe this will be the one. Time will tell

kevin

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
marl, Does Epic make their graphene blank in NZ or is it from Korea? The SKY-G #6 is next year sometime and perhaps some Members here will post their observations about the A Z #6 soon.

dillon

Reaction score

i ordered the 6wt. And a Series 1 reel. I also ordered a Rio Single Hand Spey line from Big Y at 20% off yesterday, after reading reviews on this forum. However it will be used on my 690 Radian and will become an all around set up. The Rio Gold will be wound on the new reel.

Isolation Outfitters

Global Fly Fishers
Reaction score
marl, Does Epic make their graphene blank in NZ or is it from Korea? The SKY-G #6 is next year sometime and perhaps some Members here will post their observations about the A Z #6 soon.
Sorry! I missed your question - wasn't watching this thread. I actually don't know for certain where the graphene blank is rolled. Their glass is South Korea so it's highly probable. That's a question I'll ask when I'm next chatting with Carl. There has been conjecture that it's the same factory as the Sky-G but in any case, Epic maintain their own mandrels for their exclusive use and I would guess the graphene for everyone comes from Toray's Japanese pre-preg.

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
It is expensive but important and I know Taylor and Douglas have their own mandrels as well.

adealarcon

Reaction score
So braved the cold temps (a balmy 35) here to test cast the 8ft6in. 4wt.

Rigged up with the recommended rio 4wt. tech trout on a ross 3/4 evo R (saddely discontinued).

Rod balances quite nicely with this setup and the matte black matches the hardware.

Casts nicely in close and definitely has some deeper power to draw from when needed. impressively light rod and very communicative.

So only brief session....will now need to get it on the water!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk