The 2014 "Fly Box 80" Collections...

CaptKirk

Reaction score
I agree wholeheartedly. Your words are a great deal more eloquent than I would have been.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

andrew_rigsby

Reaction score
The conditions this weekend were bleak to say the least. We camped a night in cold rainy conditions but managed to fish about 12 hours. The fishing was on and off but every fish we caught was with one of Jerry's flies. The dry flies and nymphs were both a success, two of my buddies borrowed them and had success as well! One buddy fished the same DRY FLY in the RAIN most of the day and had amazing success. Dry fly fishing in the rain usually isnt the best but Jerry, the light cahill that you sent me TORE IT UP! My buddy was so impressed he asked for your email and is placing an order!

The flies are beautiful in the box but take them out and use them, you wont be disappointed! Thanks so much Jerry!

casey36

Reaction score
Jerry, cant wait to see the box! In fact, might be able to take those other three of your hands. I have a friend that wants some also. I will let you know soon. Once again, Thank You!

hairwing530

Reaction score
beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan
Andrew,

Glad to hear that things went well over the weekend, especially with the Light Cahills. Those that I sent to you-- and have secretly included with other orders --came by way of the tying sessions I've share with Emily and my daughter, Jesse. Our last tying "summit" was yesterday, as Ms Emily is going to be resting up for her trip out East in April. She's growing weaker faster than I'd expected, though nothing about cancer surprises me anymore...

Some may wonder why I kept the inclusion of Emily's flies a secret? It was for no other reason than to honor her request that her flies be anonymous so that they'd be used, and not shelved and unfished. The highest form of tribute to this brave young girl, Andrew and all of my fly-buying friends, can be found in the success experienced during this weekend past with you, Andrew, and your fishing buddy.

Thank you for letting me know, as I intend to e-mail this to Emily as well...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

snakemau

Reaction score
Hey Jerry.... Wow all I can say is they are awesome!!! Such a work of art!! you and your kids did an amazing job with these flies, I'm truly happy and exited and can't wait to test them all! Thank you again so much for your dedication and for these little gems!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rangerrich99

Reaction score
Jerry-

I just wanted to let you know that I received my flybox/flies. Also, they are just as good-looking in person as they are in the photos. Maybe even more so. Thanks again for a great box of flies, and you'll be happy to know that they'll get dunked in two weeks.

Oh, and I'm spending the majority of my free time this week getting that package of materials together and out the door to you. Sorry for the delay.

Peace.

-R.

M

mridenour

Jerry,
Got the box today. Please pray for me that I can follow through with giving it away and not keep it for myself. I am so ashamed but the flies and box are fantastic.

Many thanks my good friend.

Mike

hairwing530

Reaction score
OK... in order...

snakemau-- I wish that I could say that I was that good a teacher, but most days, I just get by! All kidding aside, the vast majority of your box is my handiwork, with a few "specials" thrown in by Ms Emily and daughter Jesse, and a couple of "my kids." Get 'em wet and fish 'em hard!!

rangerrich99-- Glad to hear that the package arrived safely. I'll look forward to your report on their upcoming "dunkings..."

mridenour-- Mike, I know what your original "intent" was for that box of flies, and I'll pray for you! Short of that, "I know a guy who knows a guy who knows his way around a tying vise... Just sayin'..."

And, casey36-- your box should have arrived today, if not tomorrow. Let me know if it doesn't land safely over the next few days.

To you all who sport a box of flies from this neck of the woods, I look forward to hearing your reports. Wade safe and tighten a line for yours truly...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

casey36

Reaction score
Jerry, got the box yesterday. I can't tell you how much I envy your skill. They are beautiful!! Thank You so much.

hairwing530

Reaction score
Another group hits the USPS road later this morning, with most slated for 2-Day delivery via Priority Mail. So, the following "fly-wranglers" might want to keep an eye on their mailboxes:

kcheek-- your "double batch" will be enroute within hours...

Drake90-- check with Ron on Friday or Saturday for a USPS box...

pjcalla-- I held up your shipment to make a few "additions." It also heads out today...

saucebox11-- your "package" will be on its way later today as well...

And, chase36? Let me know the status on your interest in the other boxes when you can. I've set them aside until I hear from you...

By the weekend, I plan to finish another batch, if at all possible. Lately, I've been splitting time between "sand-bagging" against the Spring meltdown of our snow mass, and easing my aching back with a few hours in the comfort of my tying area...

Tight lines always, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

buffler razz

Reaction score
Jerry,
Sending you email to check availability as I would like to order one for my wife. Her b'day is coming up and this would be the perfect "jewelry" for the occasion.
Thanks
Razz

kcheek

Reaction score
Jerry,

I just check and the boxes are supposed to arrive Friday. The only bad thing about that is I'm taking off to hit the river! Oh, well...I'll have to get a few of them wet next weekend!

Thanks and can hardly wait after reading the other posts.
Kevin

hairwing530

Reaction score
Razz,

When you can, please drop me a PM and give me the date of your wife's upcoming birthday. I want to make doubly-sure that her "gift" arrives before the celebration.

And, Kevin... A well-tied fly-- or in this case, a group of them --is like a good gin or fine single malt scotch. No matter when they're opened and made ready, the true pleasure always is in the savoring...

The vise still is in full operation, and feathers continue to litter the desktop. So, if you have a need, chances are good that I have a few of them tied and ready. And, if they're not finished quite yet, the flies soon will be...

Be well, my friends, and fish 'em like there's no tomorrow...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

kcheek

Reaction score
Well, my plans to take the day off and hit the river got shot down last night and the only reason I wasn't ill as a hornet is because I new my 'package' would be ariving today.

Jerry, I can't begin to express how excited appreciative I am with my boxes. The flies are AWESOME and I can't thank you enough for the bonus!! I can't wait for next Friday when I get to get a few wet.

These are well worth the little amount of money you are asking for the boxes and there isn't a better cause in the world than your kids.

Thank you Jerry and God bless you and your kids!
Kevin

hairwing530

Reaction score
Guys,

Just curious, but did anyone else's fly boxes make it by the close of business yesterday? Even using Priority Mail, I know that nothing is a given. So, if those listed earlier in this thread wouldn't mind letting me know, I'd appreciate it.

And, Razz? B-Day gifts will be enroute either tomorrow or Tuesday. The same with your box, Marc, and a few others, if my Sunday tying is as productive as I hope it will be...

Tight lines always, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

drake90

Reaction score
Jerry. I got my fly box on Saturday. They are amazing, the extra flies are great as well. I cant wait to get out and use them! You can't beat the price or the quality in my opinion. The money goes to a great cause as well. I will be ordering another box very soon! Thanks again Jerry. Job well done!

kcheek

Reaction score
Jerry, thought I would share a few pics of my catches yesterday with a few of the flies you sent! The first 7 fish of the day were attributed to The Fly Box 80 Collection tied by "Team My Kids"!

You cannot beat the value of this with a BIG STICK! Anyone thinking about getting a box or three, don't hesitate...this is the real deal!!!

Thanks Jerry and please thank the kids for me. In fact, give them a big 'ol North Carolina hug from me!!