The 2014 "Fly Box 80" Collections...

hairwing530

Reaction score
beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan
Kevin,

You did the ol' hairwing530 proud with your day astream! I'd like to think that it was all due to the flies, but it looks as if there was a great deal of angling skills involved on your part!! Nicely done, my friend...

Keep those fishing reports coming in, guys. It makes my hours at the bench even more enjoyable than they already are...

And, yes... I've still got boxes and flies available for anyone with an interest... and $45, of course...

Tight lines always, everybody...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

M

mridenour

Jerry,
I think my friend was pretty happy with the fly box and flies. He was really surprised. They will be put to good use. Thanks!

buffler razz

Reaction score
Jerry
The birthday gift arrived today and my wife is thrilled. She said "they are so beautiful, I feel bad fishing them". Don't worry, she will. She already has them packed with her gear for her trip to Jackson Hole next week to see our sons and some time on the water.
Thanks again, not sure how I will top this year's b'day gift, but I've got a whole year to think on it.
Razz

hairwing530

Reaction score
As of 6:00 am this morning-- April 10, 2014 --, I'm officially kicking the final boxes to be made for the upcoming season to the Fly Box 90 collections! Yes... I did say 90! The price remains the same at $45, but rather than the 80+ flies that I've been sending-- most collections ranged from 84 to 90 anyways --I'm going to build the remaining boxes in a "90-Flies configuration. Guys, that figures out to less than .50 cents a fly!

Other than the overall total of flies, everything else remains as it was--
$45, free shipping, etc. etc. And, I'm only making the offer here on this forum... unless the whole thing goes completely south!!!

The reasons for the increase? Well, as some of you know, a guy recently hung me out to dry on a five-box custom order. So, I'm turning the "lemons" into lemon-ade, and giving my "buds" here on the forum-- and their friends --a Spring bonus of sorts.

Reason #2 is that I'd like to do something special for "my kids" when our "break-out" day hits next month. So, I'm going to underwrite it all with some extra hours at the bench.

Any takers, my friends? Just let me know...

Be well, everybody, and may the Man Upstairs-- and my flies --forever tighten your lines...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

M

mridenour

Mike,

You're quite welcome. Glad to hear that he found the flies to his liking...

That said, I hope to see a report on their first trip astream, my friend...

Tight lines...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
You'll see a report. They will be put to good use!

GrtLksMarlin

Reaction score
*puts up my hand meekly waving* I'm here....[poke]

Well I'm still hoping for one of my 2-sets to be the community jar thing as I requested to help you use some of those up (my lead post: http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/f...2014-fly-box-80-collections-3.html#post650419 ), yet as i also stated in a previous post I'd be glad to help you utilize some of those oddities the guy requested so you're also not burdoned with those (as shown here: http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/f...2014-fly-box-80-collections-4.html#post653380 )......Just in case you might have missed that post or forgotten our earlier discussions.

B.E.F.

Last edited:
M

mridenour

Get in on this guys! This is a value you just can't get anywhere else and you are helping a cause that is more than worthy!

I'm going to throw support to Jerry and his labor of love every chance I get.

hairwing530

Reaction score
An Open Letter To My Friends Here On The Forum...

Guys,

It has been my pleasure and my honor to send flies to points scattered across the country, and even a few boxes to the land Down Under. And, that you've all been pleased with your purchases? A double bonus for yours truly...

And, while the funds paid for the boxes have allowed me to continue doing what I've done for just over 1.5 decades-- i.e. "my kids" --it's been your words of encouragement and your friendship that have made the long hours at the bench literally fly by each day, putting the "tying fire" back in my belly again.

You've also helped me shoulder some of the burdens of my chosen teaching path each week. Having lost our youngest to leukemia in 2010, it weighs heavy on me knowing how tenuous a hold that "my kids" have on this thing we call "life." And, in the case of Ms Emily, knowing what lies just down the road for her literally tears at my heart. Like our late Laramie, she's such a great kid, one any man would be proud to call his own. Then again, it's true about all of "my kids..."

That said, please accept my heartfelt thanks for being friends, sounding boards and supporters of this project taken on some years back. My gratitude to you all is eternal...

May you all be blessed with lines tightened by the pull of a good fish...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Last edited:

weavrm

Reaction score
I wandered into this thread a while back and decided good flies and a good cause were worth a try. Flies received today-- WOW! Good flies--lots and lots of good flies. Jerry, I am now fully equipped for further "research" and expect one of these days to send you a photo of a 20 inch grayling on a Hairwing 530 dry . . . Many thanks, and thinking of you and yours!

hairwing530

Reaction score
Hey weavrm,

Glad to hear that your selection arrived safely, and that you're pleased with the assortment. And, if you have any fishing buddies in need, send them my way. With our weather, the nearly non-stop rains and my lack of wading gear for now, I'll be building boxes for awhile yet...

Let me hear from you after the trout-- and any other local fish --start quaking in fear as you approach the stream, fly box in hand...

Wade safe, and fish 'em hard...

Jerry, aka hairwing530