"The 2016-2017 Miracle 100+ "

scotty macfly

Reaction score
re: "The Miracle 100+ 2016-2017"

Friends, once again Jerry has made through on his word. Just received a box from him and as ALWAYS, he gave beyond being generous. When is that man going to learn that 100 means 100, NOT 120 - 130 flies. And flies are meant to be used and torn up by fish, and his are just too suh-weeeeeeet looking to fish with.

If anyone here has not yet had the honor to receive a box of flies from Jerry, DO IT !!! At $85 a box, and the cause that the money goes to, everyone's a winner.

Jerry, once again, thank you!! You will always be the one I'll order flies from.

Bless you and your kids my friend.

hairwing530

Reaction score
beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan

scotty mac,

Many thanks for the kind words, my friend. It was a pleasure to wrap those hooks for you, and to build that box for your rod-building buddy. I wish you and him all safe wades whenever you head astream.

And, one last thing... I'm making good progress on another "care package" to be headed your way in the coming days. May the Man Upstairs forever bless you.. in life AND on the river.

For me, it's back to the vise. I've got some "bugs" to make. Have a great weekend, everybody...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

mikew1959

Reaction score

Just a shout out & Kudos to Hairwing...

I worked out a trade with him and received my package way faster than I ever thought it would show up(told him no hurry don't worry about it)

I'm pleased as punch...excellent work & way more than I excepted.

I tie flies too but with my bad eye sight anything under a 12-14 is an issue for me. Anytime I need to buy flies I wouldn't consider anyone else but Hairwing.

Thank Sir.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

hairwing530

Reaction score

Hey Mike,

You're quite welcome! It was a pleasure on my end, and I think that "my kids" will have fun finishing off some of those poppers, once class begins later this month.

Fish those "bugs" like you mean it, my friend, and wade safe... always. And, thanks again for thinking of "my kids" and me...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score

It's been a busy week, and with plans on finishing out the day at the vise, I'm planning on dropping a load of boxes at the post office tomorrow morning. Guys, if it isn't too much to ask, please drop me a note and let me know when you get them. I'd really appreciate it.

Hoping everyone is having a great Sunday afternoon...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

scotty macfly

Reaction score

I would like to express how impressed I am. Just last month I ordered five boxes of Jerry's Miracle 100+ flies, that's 600 flies my friends. I was also well knowing he had other orders he needed to fill as well, and I would have been happy as can be if I got one box in time for a birthday gift. Nope, I received all five boxes today well in time for the birthday for a friend. Jerry went all out on this to please his customers, and he definitely deserves the best in life. When he gives his word, his word is good, and can easily be trusted by one and all.

Thanks Jerry, the flies are as wonderful as always, great quality plus a gracious quantity.

hairwing530

Reaction score

scotty mac,

It was my pleasure, my friend. The turn-around on the boxes also was my way of saying "thanks" for all of your hard work in rounding up some orders to help reduce the debt load incurred while gearing up for the upcoming classes with "my kids." Some years, I have a little "surplus" $$$ to cover the tying needs of "my kids," while other years can be far more tight to the penny, to say the least.

However, 2016 differed from them all, in that the Fall months found me selling off some tying tools, a rod and miscellaneous gear in an attempt to climb out of a financial hole and cover everything. And, before someone mistakes the aforementioned statement for complaining, I'm not whining, not in the least. Over 18 years ago, I made a commitment to "my kids," and I still hold to that promise nearly two decades later. When it comes to "my kids," I retain my attitude of "whatever it takes..."

Fortunately for "my kids" and me, I've got a number of like-minded friends/cronies-- many of them here on the forum like scotty mac --who've pitched in and lent a hand. And, for you all, I pray the Man Upstairs forever blesses you with a creel's worth of memories made astream, the kind of moments that make up our "trout dreams..."

Have a great weekend, guys. No doubt, you'll find me bellied-up to the tying desk, as I'm working on a few "Christmas" surprises. Take good care, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score

Four more packages found their way to the Grayling post office yesterday, and I'm plotting the release of at least three more early this coming week. So, keep an eye on the mailbox...

One last thing... If anyone is considering a "Miracle 100+" box, "Streamers 2016" box or the like as a possible Christmas gift, please let me know as soon as you can. I'd rather finish them sooner than pushing the holiday shipping to its limits.

Wade safe and fish hard, my friends, and have a good weekend...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score

As promised, three more "packages" hit the USPS trail later this morning, as it was a great weekend to be hunkered over a fly vise. Let me know when you get them, guys...

My thanks to one and all for thinking of "my kids" and me...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score

And, a few more boxes are destined to leave the nest later this morning, the end results of some nasty weather-- first light brought with it a white showcase of snow --and my sleep habits of late. When one can't sleep-- "one" being me --he ties. So, enjoy the "bugs," guys...

My thanks to you all...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

sindrih

Reaction score

I emailed you jerry to thank you for my amazing boxes. Any one thinking of buying these don't hesitate. Quality flies at a good price from a nice guy supporting a good cause. Really a no brainer.

Really liked the letter with the fly names for the ones I didn't recognize.

hairwing530

Reaction score

sindrih,

Glad to hear that the package finally arrived, given its extended stay in Customs. And, doubly glad to know that you liked the "bugs," hooks, et al. My pleasure, my friend.

And, as for the "cheat sheet?" I like to include those with every box, as it better familiarizes the guys with both my standard "bugs," as well as some of the more "unique" ties that I occasionally get the urge to tie up and include in my boxes.

Wade safe, fish hard, and take good care, sindrih. And, thanks again for thinking of "my kids" and me...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score

With the fact that I'm hitting my "mid-week" stride, three "M-100+" packages hit tomorrow's mail, with one other special package being readied for shipment by Friday, at the latest. Enjoy them all, my friends, and thanks again for thinking of "my kids" and me...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score

Four more fly-laden "care packages" departed the friendly confines of northern Michigan this morning, with three more boxes looking as if they'll be finished by mid-week. Let me know when you get 'em, guys...

Here's hoping for some grand holiday seasons to come, my friends. Meanwhile, it's back to the vise for me. Take good care, guys and gals...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score

The "final five" on the tying schedule should depart with Monday's mail, as I'm finishing up a few "special" ties for three of those boxes. As always, guys, many thanks for including "my kids" and me in your thoughts.

Have a great weekend, everybody...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score

In recent weeks, I've had some questions about the prospects of having any "Miracle 100+" boxes or "Streamers 2016" boxes available in time for Christmas. After going over my tying schedule, the absolute latest that I could tie up and ship any possible "gift" boxes would be those ordered before the 15th of December.

Of course, the earlier the orders, the easier it is on yours truly. But, I'm willing to put in a few extra hours to get them done, if any of you need a box. So, my friends, the ball is in your court.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. We're under a "Winter Storm Warning" right now, meaning I won't be hosting/teaching the usual Saturday tying classes with "my kids." I won't risk them and their folks being on the roads in this kind of weather.

Meanwhile, it's back to the vise for me. Here's to the holiday seasons ahead...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score

This morning's load for the USPS will contain six packages-- equal parts of hook stacks and "bug" boxes. Hopefully, all will arrive before the Thanksgiving holiday, though I'm sure a straggler or two may wait until Friday. Enjoy the hooks/flies, everybody, and thanks again for the thoughts and generosity extended toward "my kids" and me. Much appreciated...

Wrap 'em well and fish 'em hard, and have a great holiday in the week ahead...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

mtaag3

Reaction score

I have been fortunate to buy a few of Jerry's offerings and have been extremely happy with them. I just ordered another set of 100's and, again, am extremely pleased. The quality, consistency, and extra effort Jerry puts in his boxes is fantastic. I am, by far, no expert but I like what I see.

Also, I am very thankful to call Jerry a friend now. He's been kind enough to help with other things as well; he's not just selling flies. He's an asset to this forum and an asset and great ambassador to fly fishing in general.

Thank you Jerry.

cletus

Reaction score

I bought a Miracle 100+ from Jerry last year and you won't find better quality flies at a great value from a great guy. Will be buying more from him this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hairwing530

Reaction score

mtaag3,

Thank you for the kind words, my friend. It's always a pleasure to lend a hand wherever and whenever I'm able to do so. Be it tying/building you just one more "bug box," or doing my part to serve as a sounding post, you know where to find me. And, as an official member of the growing group of "cronies," please know that friends always are welcome here at my house...

And cletus? Whenever you're ready, I'll make sure that the vise and yours truly are warmed up and ready to go.

Thanks again for your kind words, and generosity over the years, guys. Enjoy what remains of the "Black Friday" weekend. Me? I've got a few of the aforementioned "bug boxes" to finish up for placement in Christmas stockings or special spots under the tree.

Be well, my friends-- and that goes out to one and all here on the forum --and take good care...

Jerry, aka hairwing530