"The 2016-2017 Miracle 100+ "

hairwing530

Reaction score
beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan
re: "The Miracle 100+ 2016-2017"

With my usual "pre-Christmas" push over the past week-- think the last weeks before the Opener --I've managed to make a serious dent in the stack of orders, many of which already have arrived or are on their way to their new homes. And, if my blown-out shoulder continues to play nice during my hours at the vise, it's my intent to finish off another stack of boxes by day's end today, with shipment to depart on Monday.

I just want to thank you all for including "my kids" and me in your holiday thoughts, and for keeping me busy at the tying desk. Have a great weekend, my friends, and if you're going to be hitting the water, please wade 'em safe...

Enjoy your Sunday, guys...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score

True to my words, another "trio" departed the confines of Grayling this afternoon to distant destinations. As always, guys, many thanks for including "my kids" and me in your holiday thoughts...

May you all be blessed with the very best of it all in the coming holiday season. Take good care...

Jerry, the grateful hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score

With four more departures scheduled for this AM-- and another trio approaching completion --it's beginning to look a lot like the Christmas orders all have a good chance of arrival just in time for wrapping and placement beneath the tree. I've loaded up on the proverbial "midnight oil" and started relying on mid-day power naps, all in preparation for the final "pre-Christmas" push in the coming days. I pride myself on not missing deadlines, and I don't intend to do so during this, the holiday season...

As we start the winding down of 2016, please accept my thanks, everybody, for always having had my back. A guy couldn't ask for a better group of "friends/fishing cronies..."

Jerry, aka hairwing530

snookandtrout

Reaction score

Thanks Jerry,

I am sure that I can speak for all of us when I say that we truly appreciate what you do for the kids and the value of what you tie. I am also impressed by your dedication to fill orders in such a timely manner. I did not realize that you tie every box on an order by order basis (I figured that you had a large stock pile of flies that you simply put together for the boxes). I would have been more than okay with receiving my flies in a couple of weeks but this is truly impressive. Thank you again!

Snookandtrout

hairwing530

Reaction score

Hey snookandtrout,

Most days, especially at this time of year-- it's 10 degrees right now and the winds are howling --I'm at the vise by 4:30 AM and stick with the "bug building" until around 10:00 PM, with the occasional breaks for stretching my legs, feeding the wild "neighbors" or stoking the woodstove. And, I'd be remiss if I didn't own up to an hour's worth of "power nap," now and then. For me, it's a schedule to which I've grown accustomed over the years, one that's definitely not for everybody.

As for the tying classes with "my kids?" They can only be described as "a labor of love," my friend, and something that I will continue doing until my own health prevents me from answering the proverbial bell. Until then, you'll most often find me in the company of hooks, hackle, beads and thread bits. It's a "comfort zone" of sorts that seems to suit me to a T...

Wade safe, snookandtrout, and my best to you and yours in the coming holiday season. And, thanks again...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

scotty macfly

Reaction score

I ordered a box of Jerry's flies for a friend as a Christmas gift. This wasn't just the normal box of Jerry's Miracle 100+ flies. This was a box for a man who sticks to tradition and keeps it simple. He fishes traditional flies and his favorite is the Adams. Once in a while, he will venture off and fish with another variety of the Adams like the Parachute Adams for a summer.

I figured what would be unique was to send him a box full of the different variations of the Adams. Hence, The Adams Family of flies was born.

Jerry has come through once again and has delivered ten different versions of the Adams. And every one of them is tied at the highest quality. I now need to order a box of the Adams Family for myself, but at a later time.

Thank you Jerry! Once again you have over done yourself with your generosity of quality and excess quantity.

hairwing530

Reaction score

scotty mac,

You're quite welcome! It was a pleasure, my friend, especially given the fact that the Adams rank at the top of my list in almost any and all configurations. Besides, the original Adams pattern was born not all that far from where I sit...

And, as for the quantity? I generally tie this or that fly until I think that there's enough, and then tie a few more. And, if I come up with too many to comfortably pack into the fly boxes, many of them end up as "bonus bugs." Hence, my need for a ready supply of Altoid tins or small screw-top jars.

Thanks for keeping "my kids" and me in your thoughts, scotty mac, and may you and yours be truly blessed in the upcoming Christmas season. Take good care, old friend...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score

Jerry

I sent you some money via PayPal for two of your Miracle 100 fly boxes, that will be donated to PHW/CFR and some additional money to help with your kids! Here's wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!!!

Note: The fly boxes can be sent in April with your mega million donation, so no rush!!!!

hairwing530

Reaction score

Larry,

I've got you covered on the two "Miracle 100+" boxes, and I thank you for the extra $$$ for "my kids." I'll be putting some of it to good use over the next couple of days, as "Doc" and I are going to make a pair of "house calls" to two of "my kids" who haven't been able to attend class in recent weeks because of their treatment schedules. We'll also be delivering a few "tying gifts" to them both as well. And, I have little doubt that the visits will include an impromptu tying session or two, as we've cleared the visitation/tying prospects with the parents of both of the kids.

One last thing, Larry? As I've been slowing building up the "fly stash" for the PHW/CFR donation since May of this year via my "two for the fly box, one for the donation jar," do you have any recommendations on a freight company for shipment in April? Just kidding, old friend... kinda...

At any rate, may you and yours be privy to the best of it all during the coming holiday season, Larry, and may your health continue to improve, with an eye on the 2017 season. Many thanks again...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score

One last thing, Larry? As I've been slowing building up the "fly stash" for the PHW/CFR donation since May of this year via my "two for the fly box, one for the donation jar," do you have any recommendations on a freight company for shipment in April? Just kidding, old friend... kinda...
Jerry: Wyoming has Wells Fargo stage coach service.....at least that is what their calendars lead you to believe! LOL!
Keep up the good work, my friend, you are indeed my hero!!!!!!

smokymountaintrout

Reaction score

I just got my "Miracle 100+" box tonight from Jerry...WOW. Simply amazing work and just what I was wanting as far as fly patterns. To say I'm impressed is far too much of an understatement. Makes it even better knowing it comes from a great guy tying for a great cause. Thanks again Jerry! Can't wait to get them in the water!

hairwing530

Reaction score

hey smokymountaintrout...

Many thanks for letting me know that the package arrived, and that you like the selection. I tend to sweat the shipments and their deliveries throughout the year, but especially those slated for delivery at Christmas or just before "the Openers." Glad to hear that it arrived safely.

Wishing you and yours the very best of it all during the holiday season, SMT. Many thanks again for including "my kids" and me in your thoughts, particularly at this time of year. Wade safe, and enjoy the "bugs..."

Jerry, aka hairwing530

jbcali

Reaction score

just received my first box in the mail and boy was i impressed. As someone new getting in to fly fishing this was an awesome way to get a nice start on a fly collection containing some of the basics that everyone should have. The quality and quantity of the flies was truly amazing. I have no doubt that these flies will get bit on almost any of the northern California streams and rivers i fish.

Thank you again Jerry!

hairwing530

Reaction score

jbcali,

Thanks for letting me know that your flies are safely home. Shipments during the last week or so before Christmas always are a ****-shoot. Glad to hear that they've arrived, and that you're pleased with the group. I scanned a fair number of hatch charts during the tying process, just to make sure that your flies would get the job done for you.

Have a great Christmas, jbcali, and don't be a stranger. And, thanks again for including "my kids" and me in your holiday thoughts...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score

Some changes, they are a'comin' for 2017-- prices, box sizes/fly counts, et al -- and I'm hoping that they'll be as well received as previous "upgrades" on the boxes. More on those in the days ahead...

Wishing you all a safe and happy New Year's, and offering up my thanks for all you've done for "my kids" and me in the years past. Wade safe, everybody, and take good care...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score

The newest addition to the fly boxes for 2017 is almost ready. And, it's shaping up to be bigger and more inclusive than almost anything that I've tied up before. Stayed tuned, my friends... The latest incarnation of the "Miracle" box is nearly finished...

Stay tuned...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score

Thanks, iracmiller. The new box is nearly complete, and should be photo-ready within a day or so. With the temps hovering around 12 degrees and a wind chill factor well below 0 degrees, I'm splitting time between my woodstove duties and my time at the vise. Still, I am determined to finish off the first of the new boxes as a template of sorts for those to come in 2017. Stayed tuned, my friend, and congrats on your daughter's new fly-fishing acquisition...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score
Guys,

Please see the amended OP, as the "Miracle 100+" is back in play for those who don't need the mass of "bugs" that accompany a "Miracle XL+" fly box. Options are always a good thing in my book, and I'm doing my best to give you plenty of them.

Thanks again, everybody, for your kindnesses over the years, and especially in recent days. May you all be blessed with the best of it all on the water...

Jerry, aka hairwing530