"The 2020 Miracle XL+"

hairwing530

Reaction score
beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan
And, another box-filling group made their way to the mailbox this morning. It was a busy week at the vise last week, and the fruits of my labors will be enroute to their new homes by early this afternoon.

I'm hoping that everyone is doing well and staying healthy, and gearing up for those hours to be spent astream.

My best to one and all from the rainy confines of northern Michigan...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score
Hey rockriver,

It's good to hear that the U.P. will be blessed with some sunshine. We continue to see highs in the upper 30's, off/on rain, and gloomy weather. If there is a silver lining, it's that the snow is disappearing via a slow meltdown, as opposed to the rapid melt last year. The melt of 2019 brought with it plenty of roof leaks and the like.

Just in case anyone is considering a trek to the AuSable River, it's running high and fast right now. Not to fear, however... The Opener will be here before you know it.

And, me? It's back to the vise. Have a good one, my friends, stay healthy and take good care...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score
And, the departures continue-- sometimes four or more boxes at a time, often two or three. Regardless, I'm making good use of my "shelter in place" option by staying behind the vise for hours on end.

I sincerely hope that this update finds you all healthy and well, and steering clear of the virus. Take good care, my friends, and if you're able to do so, hit the rivers and practice some "social distancing." My best to you all in these trying times...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

PS If the boxes seem to be taking a little longer than usual, it's due in large part to the shuttering of or part-time hours of many of my suppliers. I just got in a hook order that's been three weeks in the making, rather than the usual 2-3 days... JW

k_e_v

Reaction score
Farmington, ill. -Stop by for a cold beer on your
And, the departures continue-- sometimes four or more boxes at a time, often two or three. Regardless, I'm making good use of my "shelter in place" option by staying behind the vise for hours on end.

I sincerely hope that this update finds you all healthy and well, and steering clear of the virus. Take good care, my friends, and if you're able to do so, hit the rivers and practice some "social distancing." My best to you all in these trying times...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

PS If the boxes seem to be taking a little longer than usual, it's due in large part to the shuttering of or part-time hours of many of my suppliers. I just got in a hook order that's been three weeks in the making, rather than the usual 2-3 days... JW

Take care Jerry, make sure you take a little time to relax and sip a drink of your choice.

slammer10

Reaction score
Jerry,

THANK YOU for getting me set up! Your hard work, dedication, and attention to detail really shows in your fly boxes. I am very fortunate to have found you on this forum, and I look forward to many more boxes to come. Time to put these flies to use on the Au Sable!

Tight lines!

hairwing530

Reaction score
Hey DJJJenkins,

Either drop me a note here on the forum, or send me an e-mail at [email protected], and we'll get the process started. With many of my materials orders finally starting to arrive because of the companies reopening, my plan is to stay chained to the tying desk until I catch up on a few back orders.

Stay healthy and enjoy the weekend, and thank you for thinking of "my kids" and me...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

phughes314

Reaction score
@hairwing530
Just want to give a shout out to Jerry here-first time I’ve bought a box from him and the request was bass streamers with a last minute request for a few carp flies. Attached are what arrived and it is truly unbelievable. This is far more than I expected and the flies look fantastic and high quality. I will definitely be a return customer! No idea how you can tie flies at these prices Jerry, but as long as you’re making money to support your kids then it works for me! Thank you and can’t wait to get on the water with these patterns

Attachments

zoomie

Reaction score
Just a shout out for Jerry. I was steered toward him by flytie09. Had a great conversation with him via email. Allowed me to customize a bit and promised to focus the boxes toward our waters here.

I’ll post up when they arrive as information only. His reputation and the quality of his work precede him.

Thank you, Jerry! I love what you’re doing for the kids!