"The 2020 Miracle XL+"

dennyk

Reaction score
Ta
New to fly fishing, I just got my fishing license printed yesterday and can't wait to get started. It's clear that Jerry's flies are some of the best out there and I'd love to acquire some but I can't figure out how to PM anyone on here! @hairwing530 could you send me a PM if possible? Would love to get my very first flies from you!
I sent Jerry a PM on your behalf & welcome to the forum and the addiction of fly fishing! Jerry's flies and the use of the revenue he gets from them are top notch!!

Denny

Last edited:

hairwing530

Reaction score
beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan
Hey pennfish...

First off, welcome to the finest fly fishing forum on the planet! As you've already seen, the forum is blessed with some good anglers and even better people, like Denny. Welcome...

As for talking fly boxes? Please feel free to drop me an e-mail here at the cabin, and we can go from there. "My kids" and I will be reconvening our Saturday Zoom class in about 15 minutes, then I'll be able to get with you on your fly box. My e-mail is as follows: [email protected]

Look forward to talking to you, pennfish. My best to you and yours...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

frickerdog

Reaction score
Just a little positive press for Jerry following my first use of his flies. I took a quick trip out to our local river yesterday. It was pretty cold, and the fishing on that river has been very quiet the last few times I have ventured out. The water was pretty high and fast, but knowing this river very well, so I know of a few slower spots where a tired, cold trout might set up camp when conditions are faster. Since I saw nothing flying around, I tied on a gold hare's ear (not one of jerry's) because I had some success in early February in the area using it. Nothing.

I knew I was only going to fish for about 90 minutes, so halfway into that time allotment, I said "Ah what the hell...let me try this beadhead rainbow warrior nymph that came in Jerry's Miracle XL box." It doesn't really look like anything I've used in this water before, but I wanted to watch it in the water to see how it looks. Spot #1 produced nothing, but when I moved to spot #2 about 30 yards upstream, I landed a nice little rainbow trout on my second cast. 1 fly -- 1 fish. So here is the endorsement....Jerry's flies catch fish 100% of the time!

rmallary

Reaction score
Hey everyone, has anyone heard from Jerry recently? We were exchanging emails back and forth as we did from time To time and I haven’t heard back. Just wanted to make sure everything was okay, it’s not like him to stop correspondence mid conversation.

desmobob

Reaction score
He has a lot going on... He hasn't been around here for a couple of weeks. I bet you'll hear from him shortly.

rmallary

Reaction score
I heard from him on Monday. A week or so prior to that they had a storm in his neck of the woods that knocked out his internet. All is back to normal and he is busy and well.
Any idea if he is still taking orders? I was hoping to chat a bit and place an order for a few boxes.

BigSky

Reaction score
I don't know whether he is taking new orders or not. Send him an e-mail as he prefers to deal that way. I don't normally post someone else's e-mail on the internet; but, he has done so within this thread. His e-mail address is: [email protected]. I know he's not online all day; but, he does respond to e-mails.

rmallary

Reaction score
I don't know whether he is taking new orders or not. Send him an e-mail as he prefers to deal that way. I don't normally post someone else's e-mail on the internet; but, he has done so within this thread. His e-mail address is: [email protected]. I know he's not online all day; but, he does respond to e-mails.
Spoke to him this evening, glad he’s doing well. More than anything I was worried about him as I hadn’t heard back initially.