The magnetic bottom thin profile fly boxes I have aren't working. Think I'm done with these.

losthwy

Reaction score
Currently Westminster, Co. Headed to "West Slope"
I have purchased two of the thin profile compartment boxes with the magnetics in the bottom. Mainly because they are very slim. But same problem with both. They do not keep the small midge flies from migrating. Problem is the top does not seal on dividers. So, I ordered a Umpqua UPG LT Standard Premium Fly Box . I have another one that is similar for large drys. And it works well for those. Hopefully this will do the trick. One thing Umpqua does with these, which is a simple design change, is "off set" the slots. Making it less likely to dislodge opposing flies.

NJ Catch and Release

Reaction score
I have the same issue and it frustrates me. Seems like a simple fix to extend the foam divider so it contacts the lid but the manufacturer hasn't seen the need I guess.

losthwy

Reaction score
Currently Westminster, Co. Headed to "West Slope"
I have the same issue and it frustrates me. Seems like a simple fix to extend the foam divider so it contacts the lid but the manufacturer hasn't seen the need I guess.
I hear that. Just raise the dividers. DUH! If a company made one that was properly designed, a top that actually SEALS each compartment I would buy one. Especially if it had magnetic top closers as well, like the Umpqua boxes.

trev

Reaction score
The magnets don't work or the hooks are not steel? Harbor Freight sells some rare earth magnets about half the size of a pencil eraser that will probably hold a dozen small hooks each that could be cemented in there, I think.