The NBC Swap

WWKimba

Reaction score
The firm of Sudler and Hennessey designed the peacock as a new logo for the NBC TV network in 1956 to promote NBC adding color TV to it's programming. "The bird" as NBC employees called the logo, made its debut on May 22, 1956. It came with the saying "The following program is brought to you in living color on NBC" with Ben Grauer, a popular voice on the NBC network since 1930, making that announcement. Even though in it's many forms, the peacock did not become NBC's official logo until 30 years later in 1986.

Fortunatly, we fly tyers recognized the value of this bird LONG before this.

For this swap you must tie a pattern that includes feathers or quills from EITHER a peacock or peahen. Feel free to use the herl, eye, blue body, green body, gold body (penny feathers), blue crown, or herl from the peacock and/or any feathers from the peahen -- so you have A LOT of patterns to choose from! Agian, the whole pattern does NOT have to be just peacock/peahen - but if you want to show off!

There's a limit of 12 participants. The sign-in period will end on 10/1/2021 and all flies must be recieved by 12/6/2021 (later due to Thanksgiving - BUT don't wait untill the last minute!) Please include the usual - flies with toe tags, a swap box to protect your flies WITH at least your screen name on the box, your sending envelope and receiving SASE (your screen handle on these will help spoil me as well!). Get your patterns to me early so we don't overlap - with as many paterns to choose from this will be less likely but we don't need 3 vertions of the Royal ...!

One site requirement to sign-up for a swap is that you need to PM (personal message) me with your real name, address, E-mail and reach phone number. I am also required, by this site, to send you the same for me. This is to ensure that I (as well as you) have alternate ways to reach each other other than posting on this site. There is an understanding that this personal information is used for swap purposes ONLY! Otherwise known as I'll respect your private info and you respect mine.

If there are less than 6 people registered by 10/1 the swap may be postponed or cancelled - I'll make that determination then and notify the regitrants then of my decision.

As always, this awap is open to all level/experience tyers. If you are a new/novice tyer please let me know when you sign-up because I do offer additional assistance to newer tyers. It's my job as the host to ensure EVERYONE enjoys the experience and has FUN! Also, a tying gift or two is given to ALL participants in my swaps.

And as always please contact me if you have any/quetions/concerns/challenges that may come up during this swap. If you are NEW to swaps feel free and ask any questions that you may have - I'll be happy to answer them so you can decide if a swap is for you! I've been hosting swaps for over 10 years now.

And please HAVE FUN!

Kim

1 - Daviticus Maximus
2 - tcorfey - Silverwing Coachman
3- pgbchamy - Peacock Sandwich Nymph
4- mikemac1 - The Alexandra
5 - flukefly - Flukefly Special
6 - TroutFinn
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -

Last edited:

tcorfey

Reaction score
Are you interested in a Silverwing Coachman?
A variation on the lead wing but with silver 3d EP fiber as the wing on a size 16 dry fly hook.

IMG_2123.jpgIMG_2126.jpg

This is just a sample, my wife wanted me to do something and I went to fast. I promise to do it nicer ;).

Last edited:

mikemac1

Reaction score
Kim, count me in.

Relatively famous early streamer banned from English chalk streams because it was so effective: The Alexandra
BZN21021.JPG
Hook:
Firehole Stick #839, Size 4
Thread: UTC 210 Black
Tail: Peacock Sword tied short
Body: Pearl Polarflash
Rib: UTC Med Wire Silver
Underwing: Pearl Polarflash
Wing: Peacock Sword
Throat: Red Cashmere Goat

WWKimba

Reaction score
The swap is officially on! Our 6th member signed-up so it's official. I'm glad to see all the repeat business BUT I'd love to see a mix of some new/returning faces as well! We've hit the MINIMUM to hold this swap now let's see if we can hit the MAXIMUM of 12!

If you are new to swaps OR tying just send me a message (on this thread or via pessonal message (PM) and I'll be happy to address any of your questions or issues. I've been hosting swaps on various sites for 10+ years now and will be most happy to help you decide if swaps are something that you'd like to try.

Kim

BTW, there are pictures and comments on my last three swaps I hosted so feel free to take a look!

Last edited:

FlukeFly

Reaction score
Flukefly Special
Hook - #6 TMC300
Tail - Peacock Herl with Rootbeer Crystal Flash
Body - Rootbeer Chenille
Legs - Peacock Herl
Wing - Red Red Feather
Eye - Plastic Ball Bells with Pink Nail Polish Dot

files (2).jpg

WWKimba

Reaction score
Well, we started strong! Let's see if we can get the next 6 tyers in over the next week or two and fill this swap!

Kim