The rod I bought from Steve W. here in the classifieds rocks!!!!!!!

okaloosa

Reaction score
Steve W sold me this rod a few months back and I put a Ross Colorado 3/4 on this seven piece 7'7" 1.8 ounce 2 wt rod.
It is so light but it rocks!!
I was at the south platte today...low clear water, very spooky fish and the usual technical nymphing did not work.
so I decided to try this rod both swinging a small leech with two trailing wet flies, as well as standard 3 nymph rig with a 1/2 inch clear thingamabobber indicator and #20 to #22 red midges and RS2s.
well, got 2 big bows on each set-up using 6.5X trouthunter tippet and no problem bringing in four bows from 17 to 20 inches....
I could not be happier:)

Attachments

skcwolfgang

Reaction score
That is awesome. Glad you are enjoying the rod. I caught a couple 18” browns on dry flies in Gibbon meadow in YNP on that rod.

okaloosa

Reaction score
That is awesome. Glad you are enjoying the rod. I caught a couple 18” browns on dry flies in Gibbon meadow in YNP on that rod.
Steve, the remarkable thing is that I actually was able to get them in quicker than with my 10 ft 4 wt because the 2 wt rod absorbs the shock so much I wasn't as paranoid about breaking the tippet.....so smooth you would never know there was a ferrule, no less SIX of them! Thanks again!