The Rolling Stones

Rip Tide

Reaction score
Favorite to see The Stones perform... Midnight Rambler
The Stones best song live was Midnight Rambler
For some strange reason 2000 Light Years From Home is my favorite (at least today) :eek:
Keith didn't like Mick Taylor much as thought he was "too flashy"

YouTube

YouTube

Last edited:

Ard

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that you bring this up I think I'll do Flash Point (live) this afternoon, I've pressure washed the deck and have 24 hours before I start the stain process. Sounds perfect for imbibing and doing a live concert via my old Zune. How long has it been since you heard from someone who is still using a Microsoft Zune?

YouTube

Ard

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm torn when it comes to picking a favorite, Satisfaction is just plain bad a$$ then there's well you have to listen. I followed that with another Live that is stored in that ancient device I use, Van Halen with David Lee at the mic. That's another concert I attended, I got a few good ones in before they went downhill like the Pink Floyd in Philly concert around 1994 at Veterans Stadium, wow...........

kentuckysteve

Reaction score
I seen Pink Floyd in 1987 on their A Momentary Lapse of Reason tour.One of the most incredible laser shows i have ever seen and just an amazing concert.
Sympathy for the Devil has always been one of my fav's. That song just gets you going no matter what you are doing.

weiliwen

Reaction score
Sorry, although I absolutely passionately love music and am especially an Anglophile musically, the Stones just never did it for me. And, of course, they haven't done an album worth mentioning since Some Girls, over 40 years ago. Recently, I forced myself to listen all the way through Exile on Main Street, and feel it was mostly dreck. Also, I simply refuse to see a 74-year old geezer prance around a stage. Actually, I have a rule not to see any rock and roller over 40 years old.

My favorite live band of all time, The Who (in their time, the best live band in the word, and a much better band overall than the Stones) is the same way. They haven't done a decent album since Who Are You (and it's arguable that it's a decent album) and Pete Townshend looks like he's on his last legs.

jonbo

Reaction score
Well, yeah. Both bands are classic rock, not current. One listens to their old stuff. I'd argue that both have stood the test of time quite nicely.

mikechell

Reaction score
I like most of the Stone's music equally. Which is to say, if it's on, I can listen to it ... but I don't want to seek it out.