The Streamers Box 2019

hairwing530

Reaction score
beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan
The Streamers Box 2020

For anybody with a need/desire for some streamers, I'll again be tying up the "Streamers" boxes-- ala 2020 style. I've added even more patterns, and I'm working on a few more "classics," including a few more Muddlers. I'll also be offering the "Streamers" box with a combination of soft-hackles and buggers as well. The 2020 version will continue along the lines of the "Streamers 2019" box-- $75 delivered, but also carrying fly counts of 75+ streamers, along with my usual "bonus bugs," or course.

And, yes, I will still be tying up the "Miracle 100+" and the "Miracle XL+" boxes for the guys who need a fair supply of dries and nymphs...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

PS I'm more than happy to accommodate "special requests..." JW

DSCF3531A.jpg

DSCF3281A.jpg

Last edited:

popperhopper

Reaction score
Looks like you got your Streamer Mojo back Jerry. Getting excited about these! I haven't had a chance to sling any of those beautiful drys yet. I came up lame with a back strain.....but I hope to get out there soon.

hairwing530

Reaction score
Doug,

Those dries in your possession have a "shelf life," so to speak. Take good care of that back problem first and foremost. The trout will wait for your return.

Besides, you'll have to be on your best "slingin" game when your streamer boxes arrive...

Rest up and heal well, my friend...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score
Doug, Joseph and B.E.F.,

I'm hoping for two things over the next few days-- to receive solid news from my chief oncologist on Friday, and to finish the first few streamer boxes for shipment early next week. After yesterday's "endurance trials" at the hospital, I'm moving a bit slower than usual this morning. But, at the very least, I'm up and around, and ready to hit the tying bench again...

I'll advise you all on both of the above by Friday evening...

Tight lines always, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

M

mridenour

Jerry,
I'm sure everyone understands you need to slow down from time to time. I'm sure much more than you do. No rush on getting mine together. If all goes ok I will send you my payment this weekend but I'm mostly just interested in getting them by the 4th of July. If that isn't doable, then Labor Day is good. Stay healthy first of all.

Mike

popperhopper

Reaction score
Jerry,

No worries on the speed of completion on the boxes. With my lame back I have had the chance to get some tying time in myself. No need to feel rushed. The weather still hasn't been nice enough to really even get out there and wade yet this year. I am really getting tired of all the rain. And yesterdays tornado only missed me by 40 minutes. Hasn't been a very good start to the season.

GrtLksMarlin

Reaction score
Well unlike the guys above, I am in a rush.....Without exception I MUST have all of the fly sets I ordered delivered by May 31, 2016. Otherwise, I'll have to just wait till 2017.....So no exceptions, kind of.

B.E.F.

popperhopper

Reaction score
Heck, I am just getting back into tying. And fly fishing in general. ( Family issues and also suffered the loss of my very good friend who loved to sling flys with me. Kinda took the wind out of the sails last year for me.) I have found it is not like riding a bike. To do a streamer box of 40 quality flies like Jerry's would more than likely take me until May 31 of 2016....so I can easily wait.

I still love to try to tie. And it's a good thing the fish don't mind my ugly streamers. So I figure if they will hit my stuff, well with Jerry's new Streamer Box....I can't go wrong!

hairwing530

Reaction score
Doug, B.E.F. and Youse Guys...

I fully plan on shipping a full load of streamer boxes, Fly Box 90's and the like by the first part of this coming week. I literally chained myself to the tying desk yesterday, as too much "idle time" found my mind weighing far too many scenarios for today's "High Noon Showdown" here at the house with "Ms Doc" and "Doc." So, it was best to keep busy...

And, sleep was an "on again, off again" sort of thing last night. In two weeks, I will celebrate my 61st birthday and the passage of 17 years since my original cancer diagnosis, one that carried with it a survival time of 24 to 36 months. I've surpassed those expectations by well over a decade.

So, come what may later today, you'll still find me at the desk this afternoon-- either making plans for a celebration, or considering all of my options. It's not like I haven't been here before...

Tighten a line for me this weekend, guys. And, say a silent prayer or two, if you don't mind...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

PS Doug, your friend isn't lost, as he still fishes beside you, whether you know it or not. As long as he is remembered, he'll be right there... JW

hairwing530

Reaction score
IT IS OFFICIAL!!! After verification and confirmation of all tests and x-rays, I now remain in full remission! No new cancer or signs of any developing, and outside of some swelling in the surrounding tissue near an arterial repair done earlier this year-- to be treated via steroids and additional meds --I am GOOD TO GO!!! A weighty load has been lifted...

So, to celebrate, those of you who've already purchased a "Streamers 2014" box will receive 45 streamers rather than 40-- 5 extra free of charge! Consider it a celebratory gift from yours truly for all of your support, prayers and good wishes.

As for anybody considering one of the "Streamers 2014" boxes? The same "gift" of the extra 5 will be included in yours as well. Right now, I'm feeling better than I have in days...

Just wanted to let you all know, and to thank you again for having my back during these past days. Much appreciated...

Tight lines always, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

M

mridenour

I'm mighty glad to hear the good news. Take care of yourself and keep doing your thing!

hairwing530

Reaction score
I stand here before you all this morning-- OK, sit here --as a man fully aware of the fact that he has blessed by the delivery of the best news imaginable-- NO CANCER --and good friends with whom to share said news. I can't thank everybody enough for the PMs and e-mails of support, and the prayers and good thoughts. Each and every one of them was a blessing onto itself...

Now, before I wander into some sort of "heavy emo" area, I'm headed to the tying desk, with the hopes that I can finish a few more wraps and pack a box or two. Again, my friends, thank you for it all...

May the Man Upstairs forever bless you with the tightest of lines... always...

Jerry, aka hairwing530