Tie more flies than you can fish? Donate!

airborne 82nd

Reaction score
Hello , I went through all the posts here ,and I guess it's the norm for PHW , to either ignore or just don't have time to contact you when you ask to donate , I have had this conversation with some other guys , it's puzzling ?
I have heard about the tieing marathons they have , seen the adds and posts they put on twitter ? Is anybody here a member of this organization? I myself would like to get involved but I'm about to the point of giving up ? I've contacted the regional office w/ no response ? I suppose I could call my congressman and see if he can intervene, lol just seems silly at this point , plenty of guys here trying to donate and can't get a response from anybody

Airborne

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Airborne

We do a fly tying/fly fishing materials thread here on the forum every November that runs thru April with the sole purpose of helping out the vets in PHW and the gals with breast cancer in CFR. Last year we donated well over 1000 flies and then another 2500 flies from those of Wayne (aka wjl) when he passed away earlier this year. Prior to his passing, Wayne donated three entire Cabelas fly rod outfits to PHW, may he RIP! My contact with PHW is Bob Gartner, I will send you his contact info, I guarantee he will not ignore you.

dennyk

Reaction score
I've tied for Healing Waters in Michigan before thru another site I belong to - Fly Tying Forum. I love supporting their work!
Hi WWKimba and welcome to the forum! Larry Mcnerney (above post) organizes a yearly donation to PHW and Casting For A Cure. A lot of the members here participate in it. The new 2020 thread should be posted within the next couple months and the donations are sent in around March (2021). Hope you can join in!

Denny

WWKimba

Reaction score
Hi WWKimba and welcome to the forum! Larry Mcnerney (above post) organizes a yearly donation to PHW and Casting For A Cure. A lot of the members here participate in it. The new 2020 thread should be posted within the next couple months and the donations are sent in around March (2021). Hope you can join in!

Denny
Love to! I'll keep my eyes open! It'll give me something to do while I'm hosting my 5 separate part series of swaps for beginning tiers! Doing ~ 1 month each on Streamers, Nymphs, Soft Hackle/Wet Flies, Dry Flies and Terrestrials - running from Oct 1 through end of March, 2021 on one of my other sites (The Fly Tying Forum) Just in time for COVID20 or killer zombie hornets, or maybe man eating rainbow trout!!