Tiger Trout Pics

oldnewguy

Reaction score
Nice fish! :)

Brookies are my favorite but Tigers are running a very close second.

Tight lines,

Joe

wf10f

Reaction score
Actually, I caught a few years ago in northern WI but didn't know what they were. They are one of the most beautiful fish and mainly from pictures and the couple I caught years ago the stream bred accidents are just more colorful than the hatchery bred fish. Don't know if others agree but just MO, and we all know about those.

gc59

Reaction score
A Mass hybrid tiger trout still in the water (I forgot my net) but look in its mouth a olive&chartreuse mop fly which accounted for all 5 trout I caught this morning.

myt1

Reaction score

I got this one last week at the Ruby Lake Wildlife Refuge, in Nevada.

Everything was great about Ruby Lake...the scenery, the weather, the camping, hanging with my buddies...except for the fishing.

My one buddy called the fishing "challenging"; I called it "shi**y".

rangerrich99

Reaction score
A couple not-great pics of tigers I caught two years ago:

Obligatory underwater pic of a nice 20 incher:

An 18 incher taken from the same hole:

I caught one a few years ago in full spawn regalia, but due to the length of the fight and the difficulty I had getting the hook out of his jaw, I released him without taking a pic. Hoping I catch another one like that someday soon so I can get a pic to show everyone the Jurassic Park colors these things dress up in.

corn fed fins

Reaction score
Oh I'm itching now! Ice is off so I just need the time to hit the water. Hopefully I get to post a pic!

Last edited:

jeep.ster

jeepster
Reaction score
Caught my first tiger. I had hoped to catch one since they stocked them 3 years ago. Been trying every spring at our lake managed for large rainbow and tiger trout.

2019_0426_08332900-1.jpg

bigal36

Reaction score
I got one of these unicorns this past weekend on a tail-water by my home in Md. There are wild browns and the random brook in the upper part of the river, with stocked bows and palominos in the lower portion. Really surprised they are in these waters....the likelihood seems pretty low.

Really bummed, I didn't have my camera...

MarsB

Reaction score
IMG_0027.JPG
First one I've ever caught, no doubt a Utah DNR stocker. Caught on a muddler minnow.

hcrum87hc

Reaction score
I have two main fishing goals right now: catch a wild slam of rainbow, brown, and brook trout, and to catch a tiger. Nice job guys. Hopefully I'll be able to post a picture here one day.