Trip planning

jwbowen

Well-known member
Messages
162
Reaction score
10
Location
Savannah Ga.
Hello all,
I was planning on leaving tomorrow for a 4 day backcountry trip. My dilemma
is this cold snap. I can leave tomorrow right after this east coast cold snap
or postpone trip for 2 days and have 10 to 15 degree warmer temps. Water temps
currently in high 40's and will probably low 50s later this week.

From a strictly fishing standpoint is it worth waiting a couple days to go from 46 to 52 degree water?

Thank you.
 

Bigfly

Well-known member
Messages
2,889
Reaction score
90
Location
Truckee, CA.
My concern is dramatic change in temp or flows here.
Check the USGS flow report for that water. I like flat line if possible.
If there is a great range the fish will tell you they like AM,orPM....

Jim
 
Top