Tube Flies;

sagephreak

Reaction score
Shag Nasty

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Anorexic Shrimp

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
You guys tie some great stuff, this thread will become my well where I'll go for the 2016 patterns. You won't begin seeing flies from me until I get all the winter work done at home and at the cabin. Once I have a clear conscience I'll start making my flies up. In the meantime just keep em coming fellas :)

dillon

Reaction score
Today i added some oval pupil 3d stick on eyes to my above purple artic fox tandem tube fly. They give it an added pop. This 5 inch fly is designed to fish in high water on the lower reaches of Oregon's larger coastal and Willamette Valley rivers when they are dropping and clearing after a freshet. Fresh agressive fish are moving close to the bank and the fly is swung on a skagit head with a 10 ft t8 or type 6 tip. The fly is lightly weighted so that it will not hang up as it swings in close to the willows. The takes are far and few between. However, the fish that are hooked are forever etched in memory.

A small male from last winter.

Last edited:

sagephreak

Reaction score

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------