Upper North Platte Map

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Here is a good map that shows the general overview of the public access points along the upper North Platte in northern Colorado and southern Wyoming.
https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/content/PDF/Fishing/NORTHPLATTE_FLOATAREA_MAP.pdf

The public access points indicated on the map all have brown public access signs posted along the hwy. To get more detailed information on that area and some of the small stream fishing, it is best to purchase a Medicine Bow NF map.

Here is another link describing the public access point and the river float mileages:
Upper North Platte River | Four Seasons Anglers

Last edited:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks! I just wanted to be able to do a search here sometime in the future and pull this info up, as we get questions on how to access the upper North Platte river from time to time and that map gives a good overall visual of the public access points.

rockriver

Reaction score
Thanks Larry. I saved it with some thought toward a month next summer. I'll have to do some more research on the river over the winter.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Larry. I saved it with some thought toward a month next summer. I'll have to do some more research on the river over the winter.
That is an awesome stretch of water, of course the best fishing is always beyond sight of the car, so a little hiking reaps rewards.

h2ofishfloatski

Reaction score
Haven't been in there since the 70's but the map brought back some great memories of fishing the North Park area and that cross-states stretch of the North Platte from when we lived in Co. Such a pretty area. Used to think it was so windy when I was up there, but that was before moving to Montana. I would guess that the fishing there has remained fairly consistent, with the more limited access. Created a bit more perspective! The search feature of the forum is one easily missed by new users - no need to bookmark everything!