Wanted: Winston B3x 906.

noar

Reaction score
Hello, i'm looking for a B3x Winston in the 9ft 6wt version with the wood insert. Mint condition if possible.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
Noar.

cooutlaw

Reaction score
Hi, Welcome to the forum. The BIIIX 9' 6wt was arguably the sweet spot of the series as an all around 6wt of that period. Many were sad to see that rod become discontinued. I owned two actually myself. Most that have the rod and still employ it won't be eager to part with it.....the one's that moved on to replacement rods, like myself, don't have them any longer.....I'd say you best bet is going to be watching the auction site, where they do still occasionally come for sale, but rarely anymore, and, be prepared, that when they do...from my experience, it's been bidding wars lately for well used examples. The last one was edgy/rough enough that most wouldn't want to start a relationship with a rod in that condition and it brought well over $600. I would think the key would be patience....and no set timeframe in mind....keep watching for as long as it takes for the right one to surface.....but again, be prepared...you could have a long wait. Good luck on the search, and again, welcome to the forum.

noar

Reaction score
Thanks for those informations, i'm not hurry no problems.
Cheers.