What are you Tying?

bigjim5589

Reaction score
My latest has been jigs again. I have a friend in S FL who has just gotten his Captains License and started guiding. He wants to target Peacock Bass on light tackle, and had asked if I could tie up some jigs to imitate the various small fish that the Peacock Bass feed on, so these are what I came up with. I've tied them on various jig head styles too, so we can test them to see what works well. I'm happy with them and will be tying some streamer versions too. All tied with craft fur, Polar Fibre type synthetic hairs. :giggle:

Attachments

WWKimba

Reaction score
Hosting a 2X2 swap on another site and just finised tying a dozen Chile Pepper patterns. This fly started as a sea-trout pattern in Chile (hence the "e' not an "i" in the name) tyed in a New Zealand killer-style that has been found as a great late summer/fall immature carp imitaion in North America!

1635362270518.png

Hook - 4-5 XL, ring-eyed hook4-6 (I tied on Mustad 9674, 6)
Thread - fire red, fire orange, fl. fire red, or fl. fire orange (I used fl fire orange)
Tail - yellow golden pheasant (GP) fibers
Body - 2-3 matched pairs yellow rump/lower back GP feathers
Cheeks - single matched pair red neck GP feathers
Head - tying thread with SHHAN (Sally Hanson's)

new2flyfishing

Reaction score
I don't know if photobucket does it automatically or if you posters are using their watermark, but it sure hurts the quality of the pictures posted. :(

LOC

Reaction score
I don't know if photobucket does it automatically or if you posters are using their watermark, but it sure hurts the quality of the pictures posted. :(
You mean Photophuckit. :p
If you were looking at some of the older posts the watermark is because photobucket changed their policy which was started as a free hosting site.
It gained lots of popularity and lot of folks used it to post pics on various forums.
I think they got bought out and the new regime changed their policy to a paid subscription and were in way holding folks images hostage.
If you did not pay the fee they blocked your access to your images. All the images you had posted over the years received that handy dandy watermark.

I had years worth of fishing photos on there and just let it go c'est la vie...

philly

Reaction score
I've been messing around with a possible bass pattern for next year. I borrowed pieces from some other patterns I've tied up. So it's a mishmash

DSCF1006.thumb.JPG.c09d918657ed0535ccae97af988cc817.JPG

DSCF1009.thumb.JPG.b959bd5ca57b05d80071f9496ced1456.JPG

Mish Mash

hook - Ahrex Light Predater S/E Size 2/0
thread - color to match rest of materials
tail - 1/8 or1/4 inch zonker strip
body- saddle hackle twisted with estaz(color to match pattern)
collar(?) - half of a spinner bait skirt
head- Stonflo Soft Head, size 2
eyes- Fish Skull Living Eyes, 7 mm

Jig hooks are popular these days. I'm lazy. Why tie in dumbbell eyes or use Fish Skulls. These are basically hair jigs. For panfish and bass.

DSCF1001.thumb.JPG.9130547d746bd002b58fb3904ecb6725.JPG

DSCF1003.thumb.JPG.8f2f2b5d030a0aca58c95ab265fbb676.JPG
Hook- Neon Moon Eye Jig, 1/32 oz, hook size 6
Thread- clear polyester
Underbody- silver polyester thread wrapped on the shank
Body- either goat or calf hair. Someone sent me the hair patches, many years ago. I've forgotten what it actually is. It's a real fine hair, nice movement in the water.