what are your favorite flies?

dhs19trout

Reaction score
Hey, first of all, it all depends on where you're from. Just match the hatch as they say.
But I'm from pennsylvania which has some awesome trout streams and i like a golden retriever white or brown with a copper john tied on behind it

willpaul0820

Reaction score
I'm from Raleigh, NC aNd fish for trout out west as well as bass and carp at home. For trout I use a lot of streamers, my favorite is probably Galloup's Sex Dungeon. For bass I use clousers and the CK baitfish, if you haven't fished it (or any chuck Kraft patterns for that matter, you need to). For carp I have a lot of success on another Kraft pattern the claw dad I just tie it sized down from what I use for bass.

Upstate08

Reaction score
Anything with partridge! I've been putting partridge collars on my hare's ear and pheasant tails with great success for trout and smallmouth.

thomasw

Reaction score
Good question. I'd say one of the Wulff variants, Larry Kingrey's Mama Ape, Craven's Humpy, or perhaps Betters' Usual... these would vie for my favourite flies to fish -- of course they are floating flies and this is why: I prefer dry fly fishing...

Davitticus Maximus

Reaction score
Depends on the situation but overall a rubberleg stonefly nu,oh, caught many carp, bass, and trout on them.
I have to agree with you, a rubber leg stonefly will take many different fish species. I prefer a Golden stone for clear water, brown for off color and black for muddy.