What Did You Buy Today?

okaloosa

Reaction score
just ordered the WetFly titanium carbon fiber net...only 10 oz..basket 13X26 inches and 12.5 inches deep.
I lost 2 cutbows over 20 inches 2 days ago because of a trout sized net...thats gotta end!
$112 shipped with tax...less than the Fishpond nets with a bigger basket,plus I just gotta be different;)

BLU.jpg

Matt4.0

Reaction score
just ordered the WetFly titanium carbon fiber net...only 10 oz..basket 13X26 inches and 12.5 inches deep.
I lost 2 cutbows over 20 inches 2 days ago because of a trout sized net...thats gotta end!
$112 shipped with tax...less than the Fishpond nets with a bigger basket,plus I just gotta be different;)

View attachment 22502
Where were you fishing? Feel free to DM GPS coordinates of the holes you lost these fish in so I can seek revenge for you. Lol

devonbustard

Reaction score

My wonderful parents bought me this set up for graduation - Fenwick Streamflex 5wt and a Galvan Rush LT with Mastery MPX on it. Fishing season just got the go ahead here in New Brunswick so I’ll give a detailed review of the rod sometime this weekend after I’ve had it out for a couple hours. Stay safe everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smellywaders

Reaction score
Just bought a new bass setup today! St. Croix Mojo Bass rod in 7wt, with an Echo Ion Reel and Wulff Triangle Taper Bass line.

If anyone is looking at getting a St. Croix Mojo Bass rod, check out Stillwater fly shop online, got a $40 credit for a line. Helped seal the deal on me getting the setup.

iv_wjb

Reaction score
Riversmith 2 Banger RiverQuiver

Excellent quality!!!

ATTACH=CONFIG]22519[/ATTACH]
That’s a really nice-looking outfit... Love the wheels!

Could I ask why you went with the Riversmith over the Thule / Rod Vault?

I’m looking at either for my Outback & would appreciate your thoughts.

Have you ever seen this one?

TRXSTLE CRC V2.0 Fly Rod Carrying System | Feather-Craft Fly Fishing

I am intrigued by this as it lays the rod / reel on the “spine” so the guides don’t take any load... Seems like a good idea.

nawagner

Reaction score
Cruising Craigslist and found a great deal! Vintage Martin 67SS-A reel and new never used vintage 3M Concept fly line. The reel looks like it's never been used and still has the original factory grease! Going to put it on my Fenwick FF70.
IMG_20200426_115224051.jpg

smp005

Reaction score
That’s a really nice-looking outfit... Love the wheels!

Could I ask why you went with the Riversmith over the Thule / Rod Vault?

I’m looking at either for my Outback & would appreciate your thoughts.

Have you ever seen this one?

TRXSTLE CRC V2.0 Fly Rod Carrying System | Feather-Craft Fly Fishing

I am intrigued by this as it lays the rod / reel on the “spine” so the guides don’t take any load... Seems like a good idea.

The Thule was only available for rods up to 10', Riversmith 's extended carrier (the one I have) goes to 11'4" rods and I want to be able to carry my nymph and switch rods that are all over 10'

okaloosa

Reaction score

View attachment 22502
The advertisement for the net made it sound like the basket size was 13X26..it isnt...the total length is 26 inches...it looks nice and is sturdy but I should have gotten the fishpond! oh well...

el jefe

Reaction score
Maybe down the road. It’s getting some mileage here first! LOL

I also noticed in the picture of your new toy "the envelop" that contains the hand-written note. It's a nice touch from those guys, and one of the little things that make them the first place I look for new fly gear. Obviously, if you're ordering from halfway across the country, they have made an impression on you, too. Telluride Angler gets a lot of love here on this forum as a Scott dealer, but folks also ought to know that they carry Sage, Winston, and Loomis, as well, along with premier reels. I rank them among the best consumer experiences I have had...in any industry.

troutbum_74

Reaction score
I also noticed in the picture of your new toy "the envelop" that contains the hand-written note. It's a nice touch from those guys, and one of the little things that make them the first place I look for new fly gear. Obviously, if you're ordering from halfway across the country, they have made an impression on you, too. Telluride Angler gets a lot of love here on this forum as a Scott dealer, but folks also ought to know that they carry Sage, Winston, and Loomis, as well, along with premier reels. I rank them among the best consumer experiences I have had...in any industry.
Absolutely true!! They refer to me as “Coach” as per my email, I’m a head track and field coach here in PA. I’ve been ordering from them over 6 years now I’d say. I believe my original purchase was the first edition Ross Animas. The folks at TA are the most versed in the fly rod industry in my mind which as you stated el jefe, not only includes Scott, but Winston, Sage and Loomis. The hand written notes let me know they just don’t see me as a consumer but as a part of their shops “regulars.” When I visited two summers ago and met Parker Thompson and John Duncan I was treated like fly shop family. I’ve only had great experiences there and will continue to patron their shop. Hopefully I can get back there in the summer of 2021.

okaloosa

Reaction score
Backcountry will let me trade up , so goodbye WetFly, hello Nomad Mid-Length...
I guess there is a reason everyone and their grandmother seems to own a fishpond net in my neck of the woods :)