What Did You Buy Today?

LOC

Reaction score
This arrived today from Sweden hot off the reindeer sled.
A Danielsson Dry Fly Original.

The irony is it's been 9 years since I've bought a new fly reel and then when I do it's a 30 year old design. lol

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
Picked up my 8' 3wt. from Paul Dufour at PJ's Fine Bamboo Rods. Makes gorgeous nets as well (next on my list).
Will post more in Bamboo Section.
IMG_20200429_172718.jpg

nicholas81

Reaction score
This arrived today from Sweden hot off the reindeer sled.
A Danielsson Dry Fly Original.

The irony is it's been 9 years since I've bought a new fly reel and then when I do it's a 30 year old design. lol

Beautiful reel. Some reels just have something special don't they.

Gotribe

Reaction score
Bought a $12.95 Chinese fly reel knockoff of a Chinese fly reel and SA Amplitude Infinity WF5F line. The knockoff isn’t
Bad, very slight wobble in the spool and the drag is okay. I’ll see how it handles a steelhead!

jeep.ster

jeepster
Reaction score
Remember a year ago march when I won the caption contest? lol. Me neither. Well after a few months to get the voucher and twice that long before I used it I bought one of Allen Fly fishing's fly rods. I thought about adding an appropriate fly reel from Allen and donating the rig to our southern az project healing waters when they meet for an annual event on oct 1.

bocianka1

Reaction score
I thought about adding an appropriate fly reel from Allen and donating the rig to our southern az project healing waters when they meet for an annual event on oct 1.

That's a really thoughtful way to take a prize from one of our forum sponsors and pay it forward to support a good cause. It is awesome to continuly see such generosity from the members here. Very inspiring, thanks for sharing your idea. I know you weren't sharing to get praised, and I'm thankful you did share your idea. Its great to be inspired here to do more than just fish.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

k_e_v

Reaction score
Farmington, ill. -Stop by for a cold beer on your
just ordered the WetFly titanium carbon fiber net...only 10 oz..basket 13X26 inches and 12.5 inches deep.
I lost 2 cutbows over 20 inches 2 days ago because of a trout sized net...thats gotta end!
$112 shipped with tax...less than the Fishpond nets with a bigger basket,plus I just gotta be different;)

View attachment 22502
Boy, do I like that!!!!!!!

Druunkonego

Reaction score
Ordered an Allen Alluvian 9wt to go with the Atlas I bought from them a couple weeks ago. Couldn't pass up on the sales they're running and now I've got a solid pike rig. No more trying to huck chickens with a 7wt.

okaloosa

Reaction score
Finally gave in. Just couldn't fight it anymore.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
smart move..mine has been on back order for over 1 month. evidently Ross got behind with that sale they offered and couldnt catch up probably compounded by covid mess..cant wait to get mine!