What fins are you using?

Ross_S

Reaction score
So, today I was kicking along doing my thing about 200 yards from shore. I was basically trolling a sculpin pattern. I had to throw a wiz, but right about the time I headed for shore I hooked a pretty good fish. After a good fight with an I'm guessing about a 4 and a half lbs. brown I got to head to shore. I had a good 250 yards to go, and I made it. But as I kicked as hard as I could I wondered if there were any fins that really out performed when it comes to covering water?

desmobob

Reaction score
I have two pair... a pair of Force Fins and my large SCUBA fins. I almost always grab the Force Fins. They don't move as much water as the SCUBA fins, but seem ideal for float tubing and kick boating. And I can actually do some walking (with care and caution) in them whereas with the long SCUBA fins on, I only dare to maybe take a few steps backwards, and that is really only safe to do on a flat sandy beach.

Acheron

Reaction score
I went with the Outcast because they are 1/2 the price of the Force fins and look to be the same design.

I cannot compare Outcast and Force fins though, never tried the Force brand. They (the Force fins) get extremely great reviews though.

What I can say is these Outcast fins are much better than the standard flat over-the-boot fins pictured below.

Here is the flat style. I have this style also and they work, but not as well.

Last edited:

dharkin

Reaction score
I use force fins, but they are a bit expensive. They also require a stocking foot so you have to ditch your boots before you can put them on, (at least the ones that I have)

joshw

Reaction score
Force fins here as well. Have the ones that go over boots, the floatube model. I got a set of factory blems in blue direct from them years ago at a decent price. The blems are purely cosmetic discoloration in the molding.

stenacron

Reaction score
I purchased the Outcast Power Kick float tube fins from Sportsman's Warehouse for $65.00 pre-COVID (currently running $90.00 in store here in Utah).
zz fins.JPG

Fins are great... straps are total garbage. The straps came apart and I almost lost both fins first trip out! Replaced the straps with better quality versions from REI and zero complaints since. The high ankle straps (not shown in the photo here) saved my fins from disappearing when the cheap straps came unraveled.