What Have You Been Tying Lately? Spey/Switch Edition

duker

Reaction score
A few from today. Sol Duc Spey and Sol Duc Dark. Hopefully you're all making plans or have gotten out to swing some flies. 1 more month and counting the days for me. Cheers all.

View attachment 26107
Like you Mike I'm tying up some steelhead bugs for an upcoming trip--I'm leaving for Smithers in a week for a month on the Bulkley (and hopefully the Morice and some other rivers). Not going to post any pics of my ties because they pale in comparison to yours.

Unknownflyman

Reaction score
Just a fishing fly from the other night, we started doing some zoom fly tying, just everyone chatting and tying flies together talking fishing, quite fun.
Based on my Pincherry fly, no wings and with a large and obvious tail, I was thinking Mr. Twister when I tied this one, someone called it perfect which is nice, but for me its just a messy fishing fly, prototype probably going to lose it in a tree, log or rock. Still hoping to get out once this fall.

PS I dig the olive up front over dark brown it pops. Anyone remember Mr. Twisters? Caught so many fish on those as a youngster, just a jig and a twister tail. Killer.

Reactions: Ard