What have you been tying today?

lancer09

Reaction score
Just so we can keep up with each other and this addictive habit.
What are you working on today?
Me: I knocked out a couple small decievers, a slew of Y2K bugs, and worked on trying to adapt a "hornberg special" to match what I have to tie with... and some ultrawire worms.

Feel free to post pictures, I would but do not have a camera.

Happy Tying!

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like you are busy, I haven't tied since last week. I am still waiting for a new supply of feathers to reach me from the UK. I figure when they come in I'll make some new flies for this spring.

Ard

ghostdncr

Reaction score
Developing a trico-type pattern over here in the #20-24 range. Trying to match an unidentified insect spotted last weekend. It was driving the trout crazy!

yatahey

Reaction score
Had 4 left over tungsten cones in a hook size 10 so I tied them up into #10 Rusty Slumpbusters. They look yummy.

Jimmie

Reaction score
Today- I'm going to tie some #16 Butch Caddis after I barr some rubber legs.
Yesterday-4 #10 Doc's Twin Lake Specials (2 olive; 2 brown original).
Ea. day before that-#18 Biot Rusty Spinners; #24 Disco Midges, #24 Tiger Midges.
*Tied the Rusty Spinners to make myself learn how to split microfibbet tails that have always driven me up the wall.

kelkay

Reaction score
I have been attempting to tie Salmon flies. Still new at it, and still need a ton of practice. ;)

ChrisinselwynNZ

Reaction score
Ive been at it with some salmon flies, now that Im 15min from a salmon river Ill have too start fishing them

there was some purple and blacks (low and dirty water), a blue dee , white ghost, and some baby crays for the swap:D

Chris

Flityer

Reaction score
Been tying steelhead flys stocking up for the up coming fly fishing shows in Somerset NJ and Philly. As well as filling several orders heading to their new homes shorty .

Flityer

Reaction score
Thank you Kelkay ! I have been tying for many years and have to say that I really enjoy tying spey and spey style flys. To me they are the most graceful looking fly with the long flowing hackles and swept back look.

FlyFlinger2421

Reaction score
I had 10 brass coneheads that fit a #10 well, so I tied up some conehead Princes using peacock ice dub instead of peacock herl. They look good and buggy!

tbiii

Reaction score
I've been mixing it up this evening- a few psycho princes, a few kiwi and marabou muddlers, a few zebra midges...maybe some carp flies next.

littledavid123

Reaction score
Tied a dozen zebra midges Sunday and have since been looking for just the right material to develop a black carpenter ant.

Dave

Jimmie

Reaction score
I've been tying midges this week too.

*littledavid; saw on another thread where you mention a glossy black ant to use as an indicator. Have you looked at a "McMurray Ant"? The balsa wood floats like a cork.

Last edited:

oregonism

Reaction score
Been tying up some pretty basic steelhead flies, but might tie up some dries for fishing the Deschutes next week, and probably a few pheasant tails.