What have you been tying today?

LOC

Reaction score
Top one for pike in my homewaters.
Bottom one for stripers this weekend in New England. Will be my first time out for them. Don’t really know what I’m doing. Wish me luck.View attachment 25630
If the fish are being gluttonous you can throw a wet rag at them and get bit.
If they are being picky (rain bait) ask for a beer plus shot at happy hour....

flytire

Reaction score

Squirrel and Teal

Category - Steelhead

Hook - Up eye salmon style
Thread - Black
Tag - Oval gold tinsel
Tail - Golden pheasant crest
Ribbing - Oval gold tinsel
Body - Gray dubbing
Hackle - Blue dun
Wing - Gray squirrel tail and teal feather fibers, mixed

djfan

Reaction score
Nice flytire. I've been tying since 1995, and have never seen that type of finish knot. My class will learn that for sure. Thanks!!

dillon

Reaction score

I was supposed to be at my Maupin starting my fall steelhead season. However, the air quality is hazardous across the state due to the wildfires. So, i have had to stay indoors and tie flies until the smoke clears. Last night we saw a bit of blue sky and this morning a few drops of rain. It's raining on the coast and is forecast to, in the valley by Thursday. It's been a weird year to say the least. The pandemic, nightly riots for over 100 days here in Portland, all but one fishing trip cancelled and now this...

Above is a variant of Dave's (McNeese) Redwing.

LePetomane

Reaction score
I like this technique for the Brassie. I tie it on a jig hook and add a bead, but this technique lets me wrap the body on the hook without any thread bumps.

plugs

Reaction score
Hopefully I get this cast off next week and they say I'm good and don't need any further surgery and I'll be skating a few of these babies for coho on the Kalama or the Cowlitz Rivers soon as possible
Rod's megawatt muddler.jpg

plugs

Reaction score
I posted this picture of this fly after a day of fishing on the water all day hammering rainbows on a local lake one day last fall. After I posted the pic I gave the fly away to one of my buddies the next day. This morning he calls me and told me the cutties are coming in on the Cowlitz and he used this fly and caught 4 yesterday before he lost the fly in a tree somewhere behind him and couldn't get to it to get it out. After he lost the fly he switched to a psycho prince without a bead head and still was catching fish. Just giving a report from the Cowlitz, They're coming in now get out there and get ya sum
Doobry Snatcher.jpg