Hook: #3 McNesse Blue Heron Iron
Tip: Xtra sm. oval silver tinsel
Tag: Orange floss
Tail: Natl. GP tippets with a Vail of a shorter section GP crest dyed red
Rib Sm. oval French tinsel / Black schaplen from 2nd turn of tinsel forward (strip 1 side)
Body: Black Floss
Wing: Barred Wood duck feather fibers
1st hackle: Red (saltwater grade)
2nd Hackle: Guinea dyed kingfisher blue
Rod, your fly tying work is exquisite, but if I may, I'd like to offer a constructive suggestion: Your choice of large, bold, unconventional fonts dominates your images to such an extent that it distracts the viewer from looking at your flies. If you do put identifying legends on your photos, I think it would present your work more impressively if you used much smaller, more standard fonts so as not to draw the eye away from the main subject.
Working on updating, revising some older flies. These are Siliclones, a Bob Popovics pattern. I replaced the old eyes and repaired some tears and other damage inflicted by stripers and blues on a couple of them. I used Solarez UV Flex resin to repair/revise the flies.
Tied up some of Bob Popavics Hollow Beast Fleyes in a few different collors, some with dumbbell eyes, one with no eyes and one with stick on eyes glued to tinsel that’s tied in at the eye of the hook. The latter I think looks the best, but I’ve found isn’t that durable. I was recently giving a 9wt single handed rod that o think will be good for pike fishing, so I tied some of these on pretty big hooks. I was limited to just a few colors on the 5/0 hooks because not all my buck tails have long enough hair. I’m realizing I’m going to have to be more selective when choosing buck tail from now on. You can always trim butt ends down, but i can’t make it any longer!
Hook - Nymph style - 2XL - 4XL
Thread - Black
Tail - Coq de Leon hackle barbs (black rooster, moose, deer can be also used)
Body - Peacock herl
Wing case - Peacock herl
Hackle - Black rooster
Thorax - Yellow antron (+ red, pink, green, chartreuse are most commonly used)