What have you been tying today?

plugs

Reaction score
Spending the rest of the night whipping out jigs for the upcoming chuck and duck American Shad season here on the Columbia River.

102_0048.JPG

knotjoe

Reaction score

Decidedly midwestern take on the Squimp theme. We’re a darker, creepier version of Americana compared to the tropics and the tie style reflects this. It’s functional though, the fly is for smallmouth and they like that sort of thing. Size 6 and 1/50oz with requisite roll bars for rocky environment, more center weighted for upstream presentations than the head-heavy downstream ideas.

Some Crawp Mawps…

Size 8, keel bellied, UV countoured, and intended to slip through the weeds and climb over submerged branches, primarily for crappie (hence the name). Was divided on tying in craft hair wing at the nose cone or collering at the neck, went with the latter because it makes the belly strip tie-in easier and cleaner. Probably gives a better jig action with the wing farther back as well. It’s the rear view that provokes ‘em more often than not anyway…

Acheron

Reaction score
@Bam Boozelled @okaloosa I think it was you guys tying those upside down or backwards dries.

I finally remembered the name of those upside down (and backwards so the hackle is near the bend of the book instead of the eye) dry fly hooks...

Water Wisps

Here are some of those hooks I still have:

Looks like they still have a site too:

Heck, it even looks like they've caught on a bit (NOT MY TIE, just some internet pic of water wisp flies):