What have you been tying today?

plugs

Reaction score
This fly was invented in 1973 by outdoor writer and steelhead book author George Richey of Honor, Michigan. It was invented for fishing clear water conditions. Richey’s flies are not the most beautiful flies but they do represent some of the earliest wet flies invented specifically for great lakes steelhead.

Platte River Pink.jpg

ottosmagic13

Reaction score
Some buggy looking nymphs. Not following a pattern just had a profile in mind and went with an amalgam of techniques.

Tied a half dozen. If it ever stops raining I'll test them on some hopefully willing fish.
20210430_225859.jpg20210430_232505.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

plugs

Reaction score
This pattern by steelhead fishing author Rick Kustich of Grand Island, New York is a good fly for clear water and low flows.

Chartreuse Catnip.jpg

WWKimba

Reaction score
Some buggy looking nymphs. Not following a pattern just had a profile in mind and went with an amalgam of techniques.

Tied a half dozen. If it ever stops raining I'll test them on some hopefully willing fish.
View attachment 34822View attachment 34823

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
And if it doesn't stop raining we can both just cast out our front door! :)

Kim

plugs

Reaction score
Dave’s Favorite.jpg
This fly was invented in 1967 by outdoor writer and steelhead book author George Richey of Honor, Michigan. This was the favorite fly of his brother Dave Richey, a Michigan steelhead guide. Richey’s flies are not the most beautiful flies but they do represent some of the earliest wet flies invented specifically for great lakes steelhead.

plugs

Reaction score
Citation.jpg

This pattern by steelhead fishing author Rick Kustich of Grand Island, New York is a good fly for clear water and low flows.

plugs

Reaction score
Schmidt's Natural Spey .jpg

The originator of this fly is Ray Schmidt of Wellston, Michigan. It was invented for fishing the Big Manistee.

flytire

Reaction score

Black Labrador

Atlantic Salmon

Hook - Gamakatsu T10-6H
Thread - Black
Tail - Heavy bunch of calf tail or black bear
Body - Black dubbing, cigar shaped
Collar - Black hackle