What have you been tying today?

plugs

Reaction score
Lucky Bucky.jpg

This fly was invented by Rob “Bucky” McCormick and has been working well in the low waters of the lake Erie and Ontario tributaries this year. Bucky was the manager of Oak Orchard Fly Shop before Nick took over. He has since moved to West Yellowstone, Montana.

plugs

Reaction score
Devils Brother.jpg

This is also a well known pattern by steelhead fishing author Rick Kustich of Grand Island, New York.

alfaromeo

Reaction score
@alfaromeo I always forget to time myself, but if I had to guess Id say 45mins to an hour. Kinda figuring it out as I went, this was the second iterations of my attempts.

@okaloosa This was the closes to profile I took in the set, I can toss it back on the vise later and take one.

amazing fly.. you dont fish it? hate to see you loose under a rock or in a tree

okaloosa

Reaction score
I was able to squeak out a #24 Trico with the cellophane wings....
tying midges is hard but at least your mistakes aren't as obvious as a #14 dry;)
for those who are intimidated tying midges, dont be......you just need magnifying loupes.

1620080862832.png

jpakstis

Reaction score
plugs - I love the additional description of the fly’s history and/or provenance. Tying flies is one of those activities where one can connect with history through actual “doing.” I also brew beer and you can make the beer that George Washington used to make.

LOC

Reaction score
plugs - I love the additional description of the fly’s history and/or provenance. Tying flies is one of those activities where one can connect with history through actual “doing.” I also brew beer and you can make the beer that George Washington used to make.
Home brewer myself when you say, "use to make" he got his hands hoppy?
Or did he farm it out?