What is it with me, fishing and plumbing?.

bumble54

Reaction score
Last Monday I had to cancel my fishing because the shower room taps failed and I had to replace them, Friday the bath taps failed and I had to dismantle and repair them, this morning all packed and ready for the off when the kitchen sink drain failed, spent three hours cleaning up water and doing a temporary fix until a new sink arrives, no one local has them in stock so had to order online. Oh well, C'est La Vie.

omas

Reaction score
I hate plumbing!!!! It usually requires 3 trips to the hardware store no matter what the problem is, and they usually happen at the worst possible time.

duker

Reaction score
Plumbing is part of what I call the "holy trinity" of household systems, the other two being electrical and heating/air conditioning. I'm a pretty handy guy and can fix most everyday household problems, but I'm loathe to touch those three unless I have to and know exactly what I'm doing.

As a lawyer I also felt a kinship with plumbers: we both spend a lot of our time cleaning up other people's sh*t.

Scott

bumble54

Reaction score
There is not a good possible time to experience a plumbing failure. I wouldn't mind them if not for the water involved.
And the years of gunk in the drain, the smell still lingers. It can only be bacteria because only water goes down that drain, a breeding ground for the next pandemic?, drain flu?. :eek: