What Line and Tips Are You Fishing?

flytie09

Reaction score
Did somebody just say TIPS :bolt:

You know what happens when we talk about that :ranting3:
Yeah this Ard fella' cites a great link to how he rigs his streamers and fly lines. :behindsofa:

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.....MR. ARD STETTS! :clap:

YouTube

I'm sorry...I just had to.

Ard

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh man...…… I meant tips like as in gratuities $$

BTW I started a thread about Steve Godshall's custom Skagit lines in the Skagit threads.

Ard

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks,

I'm glad you thought so, I didn't post it here this time but I do believe I did a good job of explaining a few concepts. I do what you saw in that every single time I go fishing here :)

The op

Reaction score
Very helpful,and i had one of those days today,no fish but came home happy knowing that i done the best that i could,,cant make the fish magically appear.

I read one of your blogs about mending a while back,and about a month ago at the end of one particular swing i thought to myself,,i ll try the extra couple of ard mends on the hangdown,towards the bank and then back out to the edge of the seam,,,and bam,,got me my best fish of the trip,a rainbow of 11 or 12 pounds.

Keep up the good work.

Bigfly

Reaction score
Throwing my new Gamechanger line with a 7" IPS. Noticed that my stats dropped off a lot.......
My protege was doing better than I was....which isn't normal (Or acceptable).
He had switched to a 1.5 IPS clear intermediate for swinging the shallow winter water, some of which is a foot deep.
Stopped stripping because I didn't need to keep it off the bottom. Slow swing was the thing!!!
Back to hitting home runs.
Thought I would share for the guys still at it...slaving away on a cold stream.

Jim