When is peak fall streamer fishing in the northeast?

triocd

Reaction score
I’m wondering what period of time the fish get most aggressive. October, November, early December? Anyone know? I think I have 1 day this fall to make a day trip of it and I want to maximize my odds.

gpwhitejr

Reaction score
What kind of fish?

That makes me wonder how the fishing season dates are decided. Trout season here in Vermont ends on 31 October. Bass goes until 30 November (and then there is ice fishing, I don't know the dates). Pike fishing is year round. I wonder why these particular dates? One could probably look it up, I suppose.

MichaelCPA

Reaction score
It ended October 15? Just kidding but true for most of NY and ADK. There are some all season zones I have had heaps of fun in Wilmington.

I imagine anytime if you have lake run browns, Atlantic Salmon or steelhead coming up (Lake Champlain for example). Most tribs have extended seasons at the mouth.

triocd

Reaction score
What kind of fish?

That makes me wonder how the fishing season dates are decided. Trout season here in Vermont ends on 31 October. Bass goes until 30 November (and then there is ice fishing, I don't know the dates). Pike fishing is year round. I wonder why these particular dates? One could probably look it up, I suppose.
Oops, I’m talking trout. Not lake run trout but river residents. The rivers where I fish have no closed season.