Where did you fish today? (This week?)

frickerdog

Reaction score
I was fishing the stream shown in my earlier photo today, catching a lot of hybrid bluegill, which were very aggressive to the dry fly. Suddenly, things completely deadened. I know that usually means a predator (other than me) is in the water, so I decided to hop out and go to another spot upstream. As I walked towards shore, there was a massive snapping turtle resting in about a foot of water about 4 feet in front of me. It reminded me that I should always be looking down when walking the stream.

flav

Reaction score
My wife was out of town for over a week. I took advantage and fished 6 out of the last 7 days. I fished a mountain lake and several different stretches of three different rivers. I explored some new water, put a few miles on my wading boots, caught lots of trout, and never had to put on a nymph (except on the lake). It was a good week.
IMG_20210720_155034574.jpg

Ard

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One stop along the way, looking up;

I took that from right beside the boat then walked up to the big tree and shot one downstream.

Giving them a rest for a while now, I've been out every third day since the end of June. I figure 48 hours between my visits gives even the ones that got away time to forgive and forget.

I failed to carry the camera as the day went on into evening and I another ten miles into it but I did snap a shot of a favorite spot on the drive home.

JGO

Reaction score
I got out to the Nahe River twice this past week. It was the first time I have ever tried Euro Nymphing and it wasn’t until the second outing that I felt I was getting the hang of it. The Contact II is a fantastic rod and when I get the tippet length and weight of fly correct I can really feel the fly ticking along the bottom of the stream. However, I am starting to think there are no trout in this little stretch of the river. Caught several Döbel (chubs) and one type loach, but no trout. I will try the Euro method on a different stretch next time. On the plus side, I did see a few reasons to return to this location, but with a 7wt rod….these two might have been a bit much for a 2wt Euro rod. 7EA81B33-DEF7-4EA6-9E79-FABBB954E687.jpeg

frickerdog

Reaction score
Peaceful morning, interrupted only by trout rising. Though the water is a bit low, Cool evening temps have brought water temps down in the low 60s. The trout were active and healthy. 8-for-8 now in my trout-a-month mission.

Attachments

LePetomane

Reaction score
I fished a stream in the Bighorns which shall remain nameless. Not a lot of fish but they were big. I started the morning out nymphing. I took a few on the BFM (black brassie) and about noon I started seeing caddis in the air and fish rising. An Elk Hair Caddis produced nothing so I switched to a tan CDC loop wing emerger. That did the trick.

One was pretty close to 20" and put up a good fight. I'm glad I had my 5 weight.

okaloosa

Reaction score
This past week I went on a little road trip through Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho. Here’s some pictures of the highlights. I would love to have gotten more pictures of the scenery, but the smoke was pretty bad the majority of the trip.
View attachment 38988View attachment 38989View attachment 38994View attachment 38992
View attachment 38993View attachment 38997
View attachment 38996
View attachment 39002View attachment 39003
Picaltre: WOW!!!! looks like a great trip all around, scenery, great water, and magnificent fish!
smoke has been a bummer.
what did you catch most of them on?