Where did you fish today? (This week?)

frickerdog

Reaction score
Tried out a new stream on Sunday morning. It is only 25 minutes away, and I had heard that it holds brookies, so I decided to give it a whirl. It was nice water...looked like it should hold fish, but all I landed were a few creek chubs. With it holding ravenous mosquitos, I decided to move on after about 90 minutes.

I stopped on the way home at one of my regular haunts to fish bass and sunnies. I was astounded at the waterflow markings from Ida. All of the vegetation about 30 yards on either side of the river was bent down, and there was lots of sand/gravel pretty far from the main stream. It appears that the river and an adjacent lake about 50 yards away may have merged at some point. Caught a few dozen sunnies and two small bass all on BWO fished various ways.

It was fun and gave me a good opportunity to practice casting on unfamiliar water, but I am definitely eager to get back to trout.

flav

Reaction score
We finally got a little mountain rain and cooler weather to slow some of the fires to the west of here. So a couple buddies and I hit a high lake I hadn't fished since June. There was a little smoke around, but it was still a nice day on a quiet lake. Lots of brookies and a few rainbows made for the best day I've had on a lake in a few years.
IMG_20210913_165237946.jpg

Swazicar

Reaction score
I fished multiple lakes, creeks, and rivers during a 13-day, 94-mile backpacking trip in Yellowstone. (I hate using "solo" as an adjective, but I was alone.) Heaviest pack I've ever carried in my life, and I'm a geezer now; maybe it was the 24 ounces of rye. (Come on, that's not bad--just two ounces per night.) Saw a wolf, a grizzly, and the other usual characters. Did some bushwhacking to an off-trail lake in which my first four casts of a streamer yielded two 18-inchers and one 20-incher (I guess my third cast was crappy.) River fishing was less busy, but also produced multiple fish in the 18-20 inch range. I don't really take photos of fish, but here's a shot out the back door of one of my campsites on a bigger river:

PXL_20210913_012355103.jpg

Final day hiked out in rain changing to snow, all the while dreaming of that steak I was about to have at the Flagg Ranch restaurant.

-tom a.

SDMT

Reaction score
I've been on home time the past two weeks. Been fishing the Black Hills of SD. It's nice fishing. Am sure you all have seen pictures etc. I won't bother.
End of this week I'm headed back to Denver. I work out of there. Go all over the country. So we'll see...

trev

Reaction score
Wed, Thur, Fri I spent in the Trout Park, practicing my early release. This week's stockings are running rather small, ~10" and no images. I need both hands to deal with the fish, never have figured out how you guys get nice pictures, but I like looking at them.

jjcm

Reaction score
I fished multiple lakes, creeks, and rivers during a 13-day, 94-mile backpacking trip in Yellowstone. (I hate using "solo" as an adjective, but I was alone.) Heaviest pack I've ever carried in my life, and I'm a geezer now; maybe it was the 24 ounces of rye. (Come on, that's not bad--just two ounces per night.) Saw a wolf, a grizzly, and the other usual characters. Did some bushwhacking to an off-trail lake in which my first four casts of a streamer yielded two 18-inchers and one 20-incher (I guess my third cast was crappy.) River fishing was less busy, but also produced multiple fish in the 18-20 inch range. I don't really take photos of fish, but here's a shot out the back door of one of my campsites on a bigger river:

View attachment 41026

Final day hiked out in rain changing to snow, all the while dreaming of that steak I was about to have at the Flagg Ranch restaurant.

-tom a.
It's about as perfect as a picture gets. Must have been something else to be there in person.

BillNye

Reaction score
Fished a local TWRA Family Fishing Lake today. The trees are just starting to think about turning.
View attachment 41252
How do you like the paddle board? I was thinking about getting one or a fancier kayak I can stand up on for fishing the salt and some local lakes and ponds. Do you get pushed around a lot by the wind?