Where was I going; the canceled trips......

Ard

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
2020 the pandemic canceled several trips then it spilled over into 2021 to the extent I had to cancel again due to various restrictions for travel and entry etc.

What do these tell you about destination or species I had hoped to fish for 2 years in a row?

What do you think?

Ard

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You guys.......... And you too Sasquatch :)

Indeed I had an elaborate trip laid out for Scotland and Northern England with a regular laundry list of rivers and people to meet. Among them a couple of fellows who have been here and fished with me in Alaska. I even had a day laid away for a Whale Watching tour with our former editor Paur Sharman, the list was long and the schedule a long one. I was concerned that 3 weeks wouldn't be enough but the pandemic cleared my mind of worry over that. This year was binned as well so now it's 2022 and I'm going to add Ireland to my itinerary because it would make zero sense to go all that distance and not fish and tour the Emerald Isle :)

The flies were Willie Gunn variants and some Finnish or Norwegian pattern I can't pronounce. I tied several dozen flies and planned on taking my existing patterns that I use for steelhead here because they are all Northern European Salmon patterns too.

Lets see some one else post an upcoming trip or even the flies and gear from a past one.........

flytie09

Reaction score
A juicy Oregon adventure? Sucks to hear you canceled this year too.

Ard

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Oregon thing is ON Mike but yeah I binned the UK trip because of uncertainty and as things turned out the UK is still in limbo which made this year another no fly zone for me. Oregon is a go excluding fire & brimstone, severe drought or another pandemic.

sasquatch7

Reaction score
I have no idea what those flys are except they sure look nice ! Good luck with your upcoming trip to Scotland , the scenery sure is pretty .

Lewis Chessman

Reaction score
Here's hoping the Scottish trip happens next year, Ard. I reckon that second tube would do some damage here as well as the doubles.
And you're quite right, three weeks was too little. Come for five at least, then you won't feel bad taking a couple of days r&r halfway through, esp. if you're visiting Ireland, too. Oh! The Guinness, my friend ..... The Guinness!!! ;)